Suck Out

D

DALE211

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing at Bodog and had about 600 of my 1500 starting chips left. Good cards
were scarce and I needed a hand to make a stand. At seat 8 after the dealer, I got a Qc, 3c
and called the blind of 80. The FLOP came with 2 more clubs. Seat 3 had about 3000, raised 220
and I called with one other caller, 3 players now. The TURN came with another club and seat 3
raised another 220 and I reraised all in with my remaining 300, the 3rd player folded and seat 3 called
my reraise. He showed Ac, 8d and the RIVER came with another club giving him the ace high flush
over my queen high flush. He sucked out on the river with a max 25% chance of getting a club.
I would have called if I were in his chip position too. He won the hand, no big deal, but then he tells
me to "learn how to play." Did I play wrong here or was he just being a door'knob?
Does anyone know where I get that suck out training so that I can improve my game?????????

tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's start with this hand. Q3c is not a hand to limp with. From late position, folded to you, you need to raise this type of hand. You are playing this hand for a steal attempt only. The hand is very very rarely good postflop.

Also the postflop call is very bad. We need to take advantage of what little fold equity that we have here. If we are going to continue with the hand the only play postflop is to push our entire stack to the middle.

It appears to me that your style right now is Loose-Passive which is one of the worst types of poker to play. I suggest that you read some of the articles, like this one on aggression.

A good way to practice is to try playing a tournament where you only fold or raise. NO CHECKING/CALLING. This will help you understand the importance of aggressive poker. Also you will start to realize that the only cards that are worth playing are cards that you can raise with.

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing at Bodog and had about 600 of my 1500 starting chips left. Good cards were scarce and I needed a hand to make a stand.
So pick a decent hand and shove while you have some fold equity.
At seat 8 after the dealer, I got a Qc, 3c and called the blind of 80.
Don't limp with junk when you are short on chips.
The FLOP came with 2 more clubs. Seat 3 had about 3000, raised 220 and I called with one other caller, 3 players now.
And don't call off half your meager stack on a draw. This is the best you could have hoped for beyond a miracle 3 3 Q flop. You need to shove while you have some fold equity left.
The TURN came with another club and seat 3 raised another 220 and I reraised all in with my remaining 300, the 3rd player folded and seat 3 called my reraise.
Of course he will call, it's 80 more for a pot of around 1200.
He showed Ac, 8d and the RIVER came with another club giving him the ace high flush over my queen high flush. He sucked out on the river with a max 25% chance of getting a club.
So you had a one in four chance of losing. It's not like lightning struck you while sitting at your computer.
I would have called if I were in his chip position too. He won the hand, no big deal, but then he tells me to "learn how to play." Did I play wrong here or was he just being a door'knob?
You played wrong but his comments are inappropriate.
Does anyone know where I get that suck out training so that I can improve my game?????????
Did you ask for "suck out training". I won't comment on that heh.:D

See above blue colored comments.

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What rob said. But yeah that dude sounds like a jackass.

jt

G

GetABrainSon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i would have to agree with tosborn. but raising pre-flop isnt so important.. but you should have shoved on the flop after his raise... this gives you a chance to take down the pot right there, but if he calls you still have outs to win.