Stud 8 MTT: Too aggressive with 76 low draw?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) For the early stages of a MTT, with all the 'tards out, are you guys a big fan of the limp?

2) Is the bet on 5th a little ambitious? I still may have the best low draw, and I have only 3 outs to take the high (1 being to scoop). I know villain going low is bad enough to play 2 card low hands. Thoughts?

3) Fold the river?

7 Card Stud *High-Low* ($25/$50), Ante $5, Bring-In $10

*3rd Street*

Roofman0000: xx xx 7d___folds
FoxwoodsFan: xx xx Th___calls
deebag8: xx xx 5c___calls
Notsuredamus-: xx xx 5s___folds
Hero: 3c 6h 7h___calls
RutRoBubba: xx xx As___calls
leyanvar: xx xx Ts___calls
polishyank: xx xx 2h___*brings in*

*4th Street*

FoxwoodsFan: xx xx Th Qd___folds
deebag8: xx xx 5c Ac___*checks*___calls
Hero: 3c 6h 7h 4s___bets
RutRoBubba: xx xx As 4h___calls
leyanvar: xx xx Ts Js___calls
polishyank: xx xx 2h 7s___calls

*5th Street*

deebag8: xx xx 5c Ac 3h___checks___calls
Hero: 3c 6h 7h 4s 3d___bets
RutRoBubba: xx xx As 4h Qh___*checks*___folds
leyanvar: xx xx Ts Js 5h___checks___calls
polishyank: xx xx 2h 7s Kd___checks___folds

*6th Street*

deebag8: xx xx 5c Ac 3h 7c___checks
Hero: 3c 6h 7h 4s 3d Ad___checks
leyanvar: xx xx Ts Js 5h Jh___*checks*

*River*

deebag8: xx xx 5c Ac 3h 7c xx___calls
Hero: 3c 6h 7h 4s 3d Ad 9h___calls
leyanvar: xx xx Ts Js 5h Jh xx___*bets*

Last edited:
dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What villain is looking at is you going low. His showings on 5th are nothing special, so he must either be the last 'tard' still standing or he has something, but you can't give much credence to him challenging your low.

He is looking to split here, and on 6th, it looks like you both are satisfied with a split. Its that 3rd player, deebag, who looks to cause you any problems. He is challenging for lo, and has a lot of clubs.

Villain with the Jacks might be figuring that he has the high end and is forcing the issue between the 2 low hands, and so his bet is justified. If he can get you both to call, and the hand ends simply with him taking the hi, and he is forfeiting the lo. You and deebag, have a few other concerns mainly quartering. Deebag on a flush could be the real problem, but you look good for lo, and should only call. If you raise, the risk of quartering makes that raise -ev.

What deebag is looking at is your board, so the 76 lo you mention is 74 to his 75, so you do have the opportunity to represent having the better hand.

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think there is anything wrong with the limp...
i think you might have wanna checked behind on 5th....
also think its a correct call on the river, since only a deuce or a four beats your low...

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I think the key points are this:

1) My hand has very little high potential with the :5c4: & :5s4: out on 3rd street. I really wouldn't hate folding it, since its a one way hand & a 76 low really isn't all that strong.

2) On 5th all my 3's & 6's are live, so I don't think the bet is that thin, especially if I can fold out some of my opponents who are drawing to a better low.

What deebag is looking at is your board, so the 76 lo you mention is 74 to his 75, so you do have the opportunity to represent having the better hand.
I don't think I'm ever going to get him to fold a made 75 low though. I may even get called by an 8 low, players at that bad in these MTT's. Deebag's range is really wide, as I've seen him play hands like K5A before on 3rd street. Hence why I called on the river, I figured he could certainly have an 8 as his only un-paired low card in the hole.