Can someone tell why this hand lost

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a board of :8s4: :10s4: :9h4: :9c4: :8h4: and each player must use 2 cards from their hand and must use 3 cards from the board

<blah>gold wins with :10c4: :8c4: for 8s full of 10s
baseball uses :9s4: :jc4: for Trip 9s with JT
<blah>time uses :kc4: :kd4: for Two pair, Kings & 9s

baseball cannot play 4 cards from the board to make a better fullhouse, that's the rules for Omaha

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a board of :8s4: :10s4: :9h4: :9c4: :8h4: and each player must use 2 cards from their hand and must use 3 cards from the board

<blah>gold wins with :10c4: :8c4: for 8s full of 10s
baseball uses :9s4: :jc4: for Trip 9s with JT
<blah>time uses :kc4: :kd4: for Two pair, Kings & 9s

baseball cannot play 4 cards from the board to make a better fullhouse, that's the rules for Omaha
baseball actually has a straight with :7c4: :jc4: but the Full House still wins.

Hollyshit

Hollyshit

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Didn’t know about using 4 cards on the board

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the education

The great game of PLO where we must use 2 cards from our hand,

If you ever get into PLO8 this rule is also the same

strange deviation from hold'em, but it ensures that we almost never see a chop pot!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Funny hand :)
The first time that I played PLO I also had a hand , where I had Ad in my 4 cards , 4 diamonds on the board , though I won and bet on the river , The other one just called with Kdxd or Qdxd . I instantly thought he cheated for sure (now I know ofcourse that this is impossible ) , so I sent an email to stars support complaining very frustrated .

2 hours later I saw a gambler guy who I knew in the internet cafe , I told him what happened , he looked me with an awkward face and asked me : '' Don't you know PLO is played with both hole cards ?? '' :D Tottaly embarassed I felt like a complete idiot , I sent a new email to stars saying I made a mistake and a friend told me how to play , but they answered me back with a much too long email describing me how to play , many example boards and how to play on them with some hole cards .

Embarassment . I still don't know how I was winning till that moment , and I had played many hands , lol :)

Since then I always read carefully the rules of a new game that I have not played before or even better watch a game being played by other players before i jump in the action :) I suggest everyone should do the same :) GL for your games .

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Poker Tells