Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker is most defiantly about the skill long term but its much deeper game than that and people forget that.

The original question said would you make the call there..... It depends. While calling with 2nd pair top kicker in no always advisable there are times you dont have a choice. There are players who just bet everything. 3rd pair 4th pair or 5 high no draw. When against this type of player calling with 2nd pair is not so bad. The next hand you can have pocket Queens in the BB and if folds to the SB who blast it all in. Is that a call or fold. Well if you have been playing against this player for 2 hours and they have never raised what do you think they have now? Pocket queens is a top 3/4 hand but could be an easy fold here.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion your 75% pot bet on the flop and then the shove on the turn makes me believe you have second pair at best and badly want me to fold. Perhaps he also had a read on you from previous hands and didn't take you as a serious tight player. Unlucky river though, but maybe with third pot size bet on the flop and 75% pot size bet on the turn you would have got the fold from him. I sometimes do what you did intentionally with very good hands to get a loose call with a worse hand from the opponent but with top 2 pairs, trips and better hands.