Single Table SNG - TPTK against chip leader pot size bet

bonesking121480

bonesking121480

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok dumb question of the day

how do u post hand history on here and do it post it for the whole tournament or just a few hands of the tournament i wanna find out how decent yall think i am from the hands

bonesking121480

bonesking121480

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok time to be a smart arse......i know its a dumb question but geeze thought i coulda gotten an answer by now lol j/k if ya dont know ya dont know

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, what a smart ass...LOL, j/k.

Here are the Hand Analysis Posting Guidelines. Basically, in almost all cases, you want to keep your HA posts limited to just one hand to get discussion going on it (which can sometimes be brutally honest so have a think skin as no one really means to offend).

As far as posting the HH, if it is a text file, just copy/paste and follow the posting guidelines above. Make sure you clean up the text though. If you post some gobblygook text compressed mess that is all jumbled together on very few lines, you won't get comments besides telling you to clean it up for readability.

Does that help?

Oh, one more thing. When you make the new thread, give it a decent title. Not "What should I do here?", but something more descriptive. Take a look at the titles in there, it is obvious who puts thought into their titles and will give you good examples.

bonesking121480

bonesking121480

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ty jack that does help but now cant find the hand i wanted comments on so ill do this best i can lol

single table 500 play chip sng

i was dealt As9d preflop in mid pos blinds are 50/100 i have about 2k 8 players remain
chip leader is in front of me with about 4k
folded to chip leader who calls
i raise to 200 everyone folds back to chip leader who calls
flop comes 7s 8d 9h
chip leader bets 500 he has been playin very aggressive with either low or bad hands
i call
turn comes 2s
chip leader bets 500 i fold

should i have called or did i play this hand right

MrDaMan

MrDaMan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st I'm not a big fan of the minimum raise, it's a sign of wekness, a minimum raise makes me think of someone in mid position raising with a weak Ace.

When you raise make it at least 3 to 4 x the BB, the minimum raise crys out weak speculative hand.

A chip leader can afford to speculate, hows your image? You just made a weak pre-flop raise, how many other weakness's have you shown? Timid/passive play?

You just called his flop bet, you didn't re-raise he's not putting you on a high pair now. You say he's "very aggressive with either low or bad hands" you need to find out where you are or fold. If your read on him is right you might have him beat, you could re-raise to find out or go all-in and win or lose right there.

By the way you played this hand from the beginning to the cold call on the flop with no help on the turn, his bet ... yeah I would fold too.

You're playing the cards not the opponent, think more about getting into the head of your opponent, counter aggression with aggression. Mix up your play, pay attention to your image don't look weak.

I don't like the play from the beginning to the end, but you are getting in there and trying. Comming to a board like this to learn more strategy is good. This is just my view of your scenario, others may see it differant, my posts aren't meant to be negative I hope you get something positive from it.

My advice is play more smallish SnG's and experiment with aggression, watch and learn online tells from your opponents, pauses, quick calls, betting patterns, are they aggressive or passive, timid or courageous, bluff a lot or do they only play premium hands and only bet when an A or K hits the board.

Good Luck.

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A9 isnt really a strong hand to raise with when 8-handed. But anyway since you considered it to be, why are you raising with A9 then folding on a 9high board....

And why call flop bet if youre gonna fold to the turn bet.

If you say hes being aggressive, then he could have just a ten or Ace-8.

I personally would call.

He could have you beat with a 2 pairs as well, but if i get myself into that situation with top pair and 1/4 my stack against an aggressive player im calling it.

What you should have done was wait for a better hand to make your move with.