What should I have done?

• Total voters
R

recof

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Stacks: - recof with 2525 - mattijs01 with 3105 - Aralynn with 2530 - mimmetta with 5340

index.pl

index.pl

Blinds: 100/200
Site: pokerstars
* - Dealt to recof:
as.gif
ts.gif

* - Sklansky group 3
Preflop: mimmetta calls [200]
* - recof calls [100]
* - mattijs01: checks
* - Folds: 1
* - Potsize: 600
Flop:
ac.gif
2h.gif
7d.gif

* - recof bets [2300] [ all-in ] mimmetta calls [2300]
* - Folds: 1
* - Potsize: 5200
Turn:
5c.gif

* - Potsize: 5200
River:
ah.gif

Results:
* - recof shows three of a kind, Aces:
as.gif
ts.gif

* - mimmetta shows a full house, Aces full of Sevens:
7h.gif
ad.gif
mimmetta collected 5300 from pot

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

T

the4th20

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played it wrong I personnaly would have bet small and tried to milk the pot but I think either way he would of had you he probably would of reraised you or slow played it to the river in which case you would of seen another ace and would have called anyway.

Ah I would of raised pre flop btw.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With four players remaining, ATs is a raising hand pre-flop. This is even more true with your effective M at about 3.4. At this point, I would not only raise preflop, but (against all but the tightest players) I would call a push or push against a reraise. Truth be told, 97% of the time I'm looking to either pick up the pot right now or get my money in with what could likely be the best hand.

Note: Next time, consider hiding the final results...it will make for more honest/less influenced responses.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Push preflop and try to take the pot right there.I'm not saying it's the right thing to do,just what I would do.

killerrat

killerrat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Duah

I believe that with ace 10 suited you would be best to look for the flush here. Seeings that you missed it on the flop you have to expect a set at best on the flop and two pair most likely, besides you know people and there aces, chances are great you are most likely out kicked here.
A-10 a limper of a hand even four handed for the river will change any out come. I believe you gambled and lost. Next time limp and if you hit good, show weakness and let them bet into you. For that is exactly how you got played.

Z

Zikakis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Recof - this is a good example but i agree that you maybe pushed when you could have found out for much less that you were either behind or up against a strong hand. I think you should definitely have raised pre flop to find out where you were in the hand. In honesty it would have been difficult to get away anyway but you could have forced A7 out of the way pre-flop. I personally don't like slow playing a big ace short handed as there are a lot of ways you can lose the hand (small PP catching, a bigger Ace or worse) - the same way it is wrong to slow play a big pair.
That said i can see why you played the hand like you did. The problem is when you hit your ace and you have another player calling bets (even though yours was an all-in) you don't know where you are. AJ, AQ, AK, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, and even 10-10 and you are in trouble. If you had put in a raise of about 600 pre flop i don't think A7 would have got involved.

Chevren

Chevren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like a push here preflop, with this hand 4 handed and the blinds being what they are there is not much of a chance I fold to a reraise and I am pretty pot commited with a 4bb raise anyway so may as well push it all in with a hand that is likely ahead.

Fold equity is the name of the game right here and I would much rather take the 400 then see a flop with 2 other players even if I have the best preflop hand.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
push here would be the standard play. you don't really want to play out of position and you're giving the BB a chance to squeeze you out with a raise, because neither you or the button have shown strength.

another thing i like to do sometimes with this stack out of position is raise to the standard 800, and, if you get called, shove the rest on just about any flop (aka a go-and-go). you'll have just about a pot-sized bet left, and this method gives you two opportunities to win the pot with fold equity. also, if you had AA/KK here, you'd probably raise to 600-800 instead of shoving because you want action. it sometimes makes your hand look stronger to do a standard raise with a short-ish stack and it makes you harder to read when you're doing it with both AA/KK and sometimes weaker hands

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would've raised it up to 2.5xbb pf. It's small but can sometimes be effective in building a pot with a solid hand (four handed)

After that I'm shoving this flop every time.

Even as played I'm shoving this flop.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that with ace 10 suited you would be best to look for the flush here. Seeings that you missed it on the flop you have to expect a set at best on the flop and two pair most likely, besides you know people and there aces, chances are great you are most likely out kicked here.
A-10 a limper of a hand even four handed for the river will change any out come. I believe you gambled and lost. Next time limp and if you hit good, show weakness and let them bet into you. For that is exactly how you got played.

no offense or anything, but i completely disagree 4 handed, this hand MUST be raised pre flop....you have no idea what type of hand your opponent has if you do not re raise, he could have anything from suited connectors to pocket aces. so raising it here would be ideal, getting a flat call you know you are ahead, and a re raise may be scary

you will also have position on the guy for the rest of the hand as well

gambled. i hate that word. its not gambling if its poker in my book.

beechleaf

beechleaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here a great hand that happens alot you raise with A/k and you get a a caller with A/ rag you push with top pair top kicker only too find that they have flop 2 pair and you are busted out of a turney