Should I fold this?

natnit4life

natnit4life

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Villain stats were something like 18/10 over 54 hands, so I put them on AA or AK, AQ. I called and they had AQ, I hate flips.
I kinda think I should have folded to avoid a flip and save my chips for a better spot to invest them, what do you think?

18 10 53H I think I could fold this what do you think

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Although I don't trust this pair very much, folding it without seeing the flop is difficult!:unsure::rolleyes:(y)

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Cant fold there with jj its 4 handed cant be so nit u gonna lose lots of chips yes sometimes he can have a better pair but i dont think aces kings would play that way .. ofter would be a flip and he could have 88 99 10 maybe 77 too . I think u had to make risk and ur move was correct in my opinion

R

Riverboatbrush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Villain stats were something like 18/10 over 54 hands, so I put them on AA or AK, AQ. I called and they had AQ, I hate flips.
I kinda think I should have folded to avoid a flip and save my chips for a better spot to invest them, what do you think?

View attachment 338089
Nah, you have to take your chances with a flip especially if they have AQ to your jacks.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
But why are there four of you at the table? What is this game...

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In general, this will be called most of the time, JJ against his range is very profitable, but that does not mean that it is an unfoldable hand, there are situations where folding will be good, but they will be very specific, such as: the partner tells you that he has the top playing like this, or itm situations where the payjump will make a lot of difference for you, but in general, this will always be a good call. Ahhhh, and 54 hands is nothing to have a base, it's a practically zero sample, you have to have at least 200 hands of the villain to have some base, and it's still not such a good sample, more reliable samples are 1000 hands more.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
it was a sit n go
Oh, well, in that case is justified that call of yours. You cover him, and the big stacks sometimes are tricky to play with. I would call too here. Nice game.

Thanks, man!

Last edited:
Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
depend of my mood and the importance of the tournament, but most of the time is a clear call.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Wanting to isolate the one player who shoved is commendable and yes J/J is a coin flip at best but never underestimate the power of a pocket pair, remember if he is playing A/K or A/Q he has to hit or he is out, You don't need to hit if he misses! And it's hard to make a pair!
I have seen 3 players Go all-in with A/A, K/K and 8/8 and seen the 8s win, on many tables, and in a coin flip, it is all down to whether the Poker Gods are smiling on you!

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have played the same hand. It wouldn't have been good to just call all-in, because BB might have looked into it, so I think it was right for you to go all-in. No matter how tight your opponent was at a short hand table, with smaller chips, he had a higher range that he could go all-in with, so JJ could be good for this game as you played it.
By the way, coin flip is not my favorite either , but it is part of poker, at certain stages.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, I thing is a good call and you read the villain well, only that the flop doesn’t help you, because the hand you have is strong.
Nice call.

Folding in Poker