right move???

smeg

smeg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3200 man tourny, top 150 get a little cash........soooo I make it into the top 225 but a have a pretty short stack(13000 and most of table 35000 up to 90000). Get dealt 94o. Playing at a nine man table and all but three fold pre-flop, I am BB and two others just call. Flop comes 993. I bet 1000, player A(38000chips) calls and playerB(58000chips) raises to 2500. At this point I push all-in. player A folds, playerB calls with A9o. I lose...Bad play on my part???

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no not really a bad play at all, just bad luck

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
harumph! Not a bad play at all, what can you do? BB special, right?

You don't post the blinds, but what do you think the PlayerB 1.5X raise on your flop bet means there?

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whoops, that reads wrong. You did what most, including me would do here, and are a little unlucky. Try to hear me out:

2 probs:

Multi limped pot with crap 94o in BB. Oh, with a shorty stack. Check the option, is ok, free flop, can get away from a bad flop cheap. Maybe this is the way the tbl has been playing, limping and playing postflop, or not. U need a read here. There are some advanced moves to make here, depends upon tbl play and your tbl image. Being the shorty, doesn't help, methinks.

Second, wow, that flop actually creamed you with 94o, kinda sorta. Flopped trips, with crap kicker, in a limped pot, giving you 0 info on your villians. I think you lead out, which is good, but that minny raise, might be the info you need. On a limped flop, who would do that? Again, you need a tbl read. On that board, who would minny raise? With a limp pot, I doubt there is a big overpair, or big A. Might be a small pr(pp3), or weak A, or even 97, perhaps 93? Really, who minny raises that bluffin like? Maybe I should!

Third, my bad, I personally don't like busting out on a BB special. Big stack, mid stack, shorty, whatever. Players feel a need to see the free flop, and get busted when crap cards hit the flop, and they feel they creamed a wonky flop. In this case, all the chips go in, and you have kicker issues...