* * UTG wins the pot (31,784) with a pair of Aces

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reads of the Player UTG are Vital, if you know he is tight then you have to think he has AA, KK, or QQ in this spot and fold. If he has been very loose and stealing the blinds a lot then I say this is just a cooler.

Two things are important to keep in mind however, one is that UTG is the chip leader, he can elliminate you but you can't even hardly dent his stack. Two is with an M<10 you should probably just shove your chips to give yourself maximum fold equity. It wouldn't have helped in this hand but you didn't know that.

H

Henreiman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The call could've tipped you off, but with your raise, you had already committed 1/3 of your stack. The reraise showed power, but you're only completely dominated by As or Ks with AK, and he might have Qs. You kind of had to go all in as a short stack, folding would've left you with about 8 BBs

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without any reads(from my point of view), an UTG re-raise of twice your raise is a definite show of strength.
I would also like to point out that I think your raise was a little too much preflop, IMO a 5xBB would have given you enough info without committing yourself.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that the preflop raise was too much. If he limps under the gun you don't want to push him out of the hand with a raise that is too big. That being said, if you put in something like 2.5-3k and you get a re-raise of all in, chances are you are getting a 50-50 shot at best. Lay down after the raise was best if you hadn't committed 5k, but at the time you didn't make a bad call after the raise. You had committed too much.

C

CfPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the blinds were 400/800 why is UTG calling 1200? I'm assuming they were 600/1200/100ish

I don't see an awful lot you can do to get away from this really. This UTG limp/reraise line is often AA/KK/QQ, but you're only playing 6-handed here so his range might be a bit wider, especially as he has a big stack. I'd probably go for the call myself.

JupeZ

JupeZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are playing 6-handed so normally people would just raise from UTG IF THEY HAVE GOOD HAND, like AK or AQ or even 77-99, but that just limp is fancy move. I even sometime say that "AA warning" lol. Thats right this time. Little raise is ok, like 3-4k, but if thelimper pushes u ALL IN it usually means that he has good hand and just call if u want to be eliminated.