Recent MTT tourney Reefer

S

salex77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently played in MTT short handed freeroll 6 max pot limit holdem tourney at reefer, started with 350 players, close to bubble 57 players left, paid 52 players top ten pay out 26, 14, 10, 8, 2,2,2,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1, .75, .75 e.t.c,

Blinds 300-600

I have Ad Kh

Seat 1 SB ( 2,600 chips) raises 900,
BB folds,
Seat 2 (4,300) UG calls,
Seat 3 calls,
Seat 4( 10,200 chip) raises 3600,
Hero ( 9800 chips)seat 5 Ad Kh reraise 7200
seat 6 folds,
SB calls allin,
seat 4 raises allin,
Hero calls allin.
Seat 1 SB shows 9c,9s ,
Seat 4, Qh, Qd,
Hero Ad, Kh

board 10c 8d Jh 7c 2d .

I should have folded considering two previous raises knowing that if not2 at least one of my opponents has premium hand big pr porb 10-10 - Q-Q . Also close to bubble but this tourney does not pay out much on late spots .75? but porb have to still makefold. Please give me your comments on hand. Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was bloody hard to read, not surprised no-one has replied!

with those payouts it's only a nominal bubble - you are after $8+, 75 cents shouldn't be a consideration.

Raise and re-raise, I don't see AK being best here. The strength of AK is that it's a good favourite against AQ, AJ and A 10 which are oftern (as they should) played hard towards the end of a tourney. With 2 in the pot though, it's unlikely that both have got Ax hands. and if one has a pair, the other could be holding some of your outs.

So based on your current healthy position, i'd let this one go quite easily.

But why did you bet 7,200 when you had a stack of 9,800?

Try and use paragraphs, and put stack sizes on different lines! :)

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i formatted it to try and make it a little more readable. please try and make your posts easy to read in the future. ;)

i dunno, in a freeroll this seems like a good enough spot to throw money in. villains will pop up with AT+ all the time in spots like these. It's concerning that at least one of our outs is probably dead, but even if we are against say AQ and JJ we have decent equity, and we only need to beat the other big stack to profit from the hand. I shove, take a risk, because let's face it, who cares about cashing for 75 cents?

i guess i basically said what rob just said but arrived at a different conclusion, heh.

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
also, on freerolls you really shouldnt care about the bubble..
u should wanna win this thing

S

salex77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Re: Reefer tournament

Thanks for formatting my play, I havent sent alot of analysis of card play, so I trying to get used to formatting of card play and making it clear for the reader. I made a mistake I actually did reraise my opponent in seat 4 (10,200) with allof my chips to 9800 which was about 3 times which is standard reraise with 10,200in seat 4. I dont know if that makes any difference .I also thought about folding there, but for such low stakes on bubble I thought it was worth the equity to push and actually win the tourney to posssibly double up or triple up which would have put me in a very good chip position with a chance to compete for 1st but on the other is it better to fold and wait for a better spot.