Rattled

withawedge

withawedge

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night I was playing on Stars in the Moneymaker Freeroll. (Hi Brutus, and I thought he was bluffing as well)

Started off with over 4.5k entrants and by the time this happened we are down to 400.

Do not have the actual hand history as laptop rigged only for Poker, but goes along these lines.

I am in middle position and get dealt K, Js and a stack of about 20k.

Table has been very passive since second break, and I have not had a hand for yonks, but still comfortably in top 100.

Blinds are 400 + 800 plus antes so I bet 2.5k.

Guy on my left (25k) calls and everyone else folds.

Flop = Kc, 8s, 4h.

I bet 5k and again he calls.

Turn = Ad (not what i wanted to see)

I fire out another 5K hoping he does not come over the top. He just calls

River = Kh (beauty)

I go All In for my remaing 7.5k and he calls

I have trip K's and he shows 2 pair A + K

He then procedded to give me serious abuse about sucking out on him.

The way I see it is this. If I was in his position I would have represented the fact I turned the Ace and bet accordingly.

The abuse rattled me a lot as I really hate Donkey play and if I played it that way I apologise.

Was he right to attack me in that way?

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$12.5k went into the middle when you had the best hand. $5k when you didn't. You're not a donkey. People berate others all the time. Checking the turn because you're afraid of the ace (and possibly folding to a bet) is weak-tight. Represent a strong hand, with a little luck he may even fold a weak pair of kings (that you run a strong risk of splitting the pot with).

If he can call with a naked ace on the flop, how does he figure that you're a donkey for just betting a decently strong hand on the turn? Naw, ignore him. He's tilting because he lost a hand.

No one is ever right in attacking anyone at the poker table.

Schatzdog

Schatzdog

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turn off your chat.

Right or wrong it doesn't matter, you won the hand. If other peoples comments affect you then turn the chat off.

Cheers

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quite simply, on many occasions people will berate others in a subconscious attempt to deflect the table's attention away from their own poor play.

Don't sweat it.

BKrywko1

BKrywko1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always love when the loser of the hand berates the winner of the hand for the winner "misplaying" his hand. Next time some idiot says something like that to you, either follow the advice of everyone here and say nothing, or you can choose to be a dick about it (and this is usually me), and come up with something like "I'm sorry, I didn't see what you were saying, since I was too busy stacking your chips"...and watch the tiltage ensue!

stretch833

stretch833

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always love when the loser of the hand berates the winner of the hand for the winner "misplaying" his hand. "I'm sorry, I didn't see what you were saying, since I was too busy stacking your chips"...

Or the ever popular, "I'm sorry Mr. Hellmuth, I guess luck got involved in this hand. I will forever bow to your poker greatness.":rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's the one who played like a fish, not you.

I ususally just ignore these people, but sometimes I respond with "thanks for the chips" or "Funny how it's always the pros that lose isn't it?"

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually I would have said, "Donks alot for the chips!" And then watch the steam blow.