• We would love to hear your thoughts! Click here to take a short survey on your CardsChat experience: Rate Your CardsChat Experience

Forum members receive 10 VIP Chips for participating (follow instructions on form).

Quad Aces

LesDoodis

LesDoodis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just got done with a big tourney so I entered a Turbo $1 SnG and I think I found one of the hardest hands to get chips out of. Flopping quad aces. I had AA and was in the SB, raised 100 and had one caller. Flop comes A5A. I check, I know he has no Ace and if I bet he will probably fold, unless he is aggresive and tries to steal. He checks and the turn is a 2, check again and so does he. The river brings a 7 and I throw out 250, about a third of the pot. I pray for a reraise, at least a call, and he calls. Shows 33, I asked him later if he woulda called anything before then and he said "no", but he is a poker player. Here is the hand just in case anyone was doubting. Not my first quad aces, but they were my first quad aces on the flop. **Another guy said he folded 55 to my raise, woulda loved those fireworks**

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude. Very nice hand. You'da been rolling in it if he'd sucked out a 4 on the river to make that straight. He may have been telling the truth about not calling before the river (unless he is a chaser by habit). I would likely have laid down 33 to a bet anywhere else. What can I truly beat that you could be playing besides a bluff? Nada. So you played it smart. The only other opportunity would have been to play it really hard and overbet the flop with AA on it. Then it looks like you're trying to project a weaker hand and your opponent could try making a steal move. doesn't always work, but it has its place. Mostly comes down to your read of him. Usually, the overbet play like this works with a more experience player that is capable of seeing what you are doing then playing back at you. An unsophisticated player would simply fold seeing a big bet come out.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a situation where you want the donks to make stupid plays. Unluckily for you, your opponent knows how to play poker. At least he called your river bet.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually in this situation your opponent sucks out with a straight flush.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When someone who raises preflop checks a heads-up flop with an ace or a king on board, I find that they more often than not hit a huge hand.

How would you have played KQo in this situation? Check the flop?

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When someone who raises preflop checks a heads-up flop with an ace or a king on board, I find that they more often than not hit a huge hand.

How would you have played KQo in this situation? Check the flop?

I probably would... if villain checks behind me I'd throw out a feeler on the turn. If they don't have an Ace themselves, they'll suspect you're slow-playing a monster on them and might fold anyway. If they call, alarm bells. But a check can sometimes make you look stronger while giving you the chance to draw out. Probably different in Limit.