qq's :S:S:S???

D

dan_ives

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as im goin keano on post atm lol y stop...i was thinkin about pockets etc and should u limp in with pocket queens or put a big raise in cus is almost defo ppl will hit either a king or an ace and if u push big preflop ur almost playing blind :S =) wnt replies please

D

dan_ives

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok im just wondering if u should put a big reraise pre flop wiv queens..cus ppl will usualy call that 4 sum reason and hit an ace or a king on the flop then ur focked..or do u limp in and play it like a small pocket pair...as 4 the start i guess it dont mean anything lol

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, don`t limp. Raise 3 to 5 BB`s to get rid of the trash hands that might get lucky.

As with any pocket pair, if there are overcards on the flop and you have an opponent who seems keen, you need to take a view as to whether you should lay it down, based on your read of that player.

Oh, and your OP reads like you are drunk. No drinking here unless Dorkus and I get a glass. :D

thwizzofoz

thwizzofoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Translation as I understand it:

Should you play pocket QQ by limping in or should you play them hard with a bigger bet? (with a little self analysis at the end.)

I would certainly bet it bigger than a blind or blind call. Probably 2B or 3B. I have the belief that betting bigger than the big blind pushes out borderline hands.

D

dan_ives

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, don`t limp. Raise 3 to 5 BB`s to get rid of the trash hands that might get lucky.

As with any pocket pair, if there are overcards on the flop and you have an opponent who seems keen, you need to take a view as to whether you should lay it down, based on your read of that player.

Oh, and your OP reads like you are drunk. No drinking here unless Dorkus and I get a glass. :D

lol ty 4 the advice il be more sly in future panda pops 4 the tym being :( :D

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would certainly bet it bigger than a blind or blind call. Probably 2B or 3B. I have the belief that betting bigger than the big blind pushes out borderline hands.

True, but 2xBB generally doesn`t do it unless the table is exceptionally tight.

One of the things you should be observing whenever you have folded and are not playing in the hand is exactly that. How large a PF raise does it take to get the majority of the table to fold ? It varies from one table to another, but is generally at least 3xBB, and may be as much as 8xBB at a very fishy table.

Your aim is (when you have a hand) ideally to drive out all but one opponent and generate a headsup with your premium hand. It`s sometimes a fine line between getting too many callers and none at all (though the latter isn`t a disaster, better to win the blinds than to lose a big pot).

tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that you must bet this preflop. Although I lean more towards the side of 5BB bet. I want to catch the big fish without any little fish getting in the way. Depending on chip stack a 2BB bet would allow marginal hands K9 to KQ or even Ax suited to stay any the hand with little risk. I place the bet then give a cont. bet on the flop unless the overcards hit.

thwizzofoz

thwizzofoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Points well taken. I play pretty tight most of the time. I guess my comment showed through. This must be a poker forum for sure! Glad I didn't try to bluff! haha