• Thread starter floppymcflopperson
  • Start date
F

floppymcflopperson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ utg blinds 10/20..i raise to 60, mp1 and HJ call and the button squeezes for 195. At this point, the line I'm taking includes very strong hands, but not exactly hands that have me beat..yet. I flat out of position because I'm not folding, but I dont have aces so this is where my leaks are forming I suppose. So I call and mp1 calls, HJ folds. Flop is 6h 9d 10s. I check (ugh)...I have no idea where I'm at and its a gross situation. Its a great flop for qq, but I'm out of position and its so early so...yeah. So at this point theres 585 out there and mp1 bets 100, HJ min raises to 200. Again, this is very sketchy and I'm not sure if mp1 is trapping or if the HJ is inducing..I 3bet to 475 for value because it feels like I have the best hand and these guys are just dicking around. mp1 folds and the button shoves. I cant see anyone doing this with less than a set or kk or aa that early. I fold and he shows jj. I play at lower stakes (8-10$ sngs) so I tend to give a bit more room for villains range when trying to determine my equity in hands like this. Just sucks this one time he had the only hand I realistically felt I was beating. Any feedback is appreciated!

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Huge raises are meant to get the best hand to fold and that is what this guy's big raise did. I probably would have folded too. We all take our lumps.

cally

cally

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trust your instincts in future situations. Believe you are a good enough player to make the call! At least I know one thing, experience is the best teacher, he had thought he was the most ahead until you whip out those QQ/KK/AA - just gotta roll with the chances that KK/AA are so unlikely you're ahead, and then any sketchy behaviour usually is negated with a clean bet on the turn

E

Evgeniy_K

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
u need to all-in, he cann 3bet for AT, AJ,AQ,AK, JJ,QQ,KK,AA,. 66, 99,TT, he play call.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many chips did you have? How many did he have (i.e. did he have you covered)? How did you wind up doing in the tourney? In a tourney, you cannot focus on the results of one hand. You are in it for the long haul. If you are not sure there, fold and live to play another day. Just remember that in a tourney, it is better to fold a winner than play a loser. You only get one shot. Make the most out of it. Nobody has ever won a tourney by doubling up in the first 30 minutes.

alipalip

alipalip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well at the most of time i fold this to at flop 4 bet, in this case for me is a little bit strange that BTN make minrise first at flop.
I think he`s preflop range looks like AQ+, TT+, maybe KQs,(i think is`t taut enough) lower pocketpairs than TT just call preflop, so at the flop minrise he remains with like AQ+ TT+ KQs so your QQ got 57.77% equity and his range 42.23%.
Intresting :) As i sad mostly i fold QQ in this situation :)

F

floppymcflopperson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a tough spot. Only the second hand in the game and I started with a full stack and had no info on this player. Over the long run I feel like this is a positive ev play because that early in a tourney most people don't play jj that aggro if they saw me 3x utg. I figured he must know I have a good hand if I'm raising 3x utg and would expect me to pay him off. I doubled up a few hnds later with qq ironically but its a turbo so I eventually lost. Didn't getany good hands after that

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I need to know the starting stacks...but I think I would play it exactly like you.

Out of all the hands in his range you can only beat JJ and pure bluffs. So usually it is the right fold.

If you sometimes don't get bluffed off the best hand, you would be a calling station. Also, it's really hard to "sniff out a bluff" when the player is actually just overvaluing a hand that you beat (meaning, he's not bluffing in his mind....so there are no bluff tells). This player played the hand in a strange way and my thought is that he thinks this is a value bet....but it really functions as a bluff as no worse hand can ever call....

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Second hand of the tourney? That's an easy fold.