QQ in four-way pot, go for thin value on river?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is very early but my read on all three of these guys is they are passive donks. I probably am losing value here a lot but in four-way if I get a call I'd expect to see anything from 72 to A3o to T8 to 55. Should I bet the turn once the flush draw appears?

Full Tilt, 15/30 blinds NL Hold'em Tourney, 7 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

CO: 2,920 (97.3 bb)
BTN: 2,970 (99 bb)
SB: 1,230 (41 bb)
BB: 3,060 (102 bb)
MP1: 4,770 (159 bb)
MP2: 3,000 (100 bb)
Hero (MP3): 3,000 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is MP3 with Q
diamond.gif
Q
club.gif

MP1 calls 30, MP2 folds, Hero raises to 175, 2 folds, SB calls 160, BB calls 145, MP1 calls 145

Flop: (700) 6
diamond.gif
T
club.gif
A
heart.gif
(4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks

Turn: (700) 7
diamond.gif
(4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks

River: (700) 2
heart.gif
(4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero ???

Last edited:
bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm thinking just go ahead and check, it's very likely that one of them played A rag, and most people check with a weak ace in a 4 way pot, so I'm just checking here.

Personally I would go ahead and bet the turn and see if you could take it down there or narrow it down to heads up.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ye, throw 200 / 300 in there, and fold to a reraise or AI, maybe you'll get A with bad kicker to fold.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's really unlikely that an ace+ checks three streets here. i like it as played and i probably throw out a small (1/2 pot or so) value bet on the river. stuff like T3s and 99 will often call if the players are as horrible as you think.

N

nykel88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just check at the river. If they called your raise preflop.. its very likely that one of them have an A-X hands. They havent shown strength so meaning maybe it has a weak kicker. You could test bet at the flop though about 200 just to see who is holding the A. :)

DenisXS

DenisXS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think someone has an A, as if they have it - won't keep on checking after having called a raise.

R

RMGreen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check. You're probably only going to get called by hands that beat you (Ax), and anything else will fold because of the A on the board.

whiteboy

whiteboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the question is, will a worse hand call, or can you make a better hand fold? i can think of a few...K10, J10, a weaker pair...but i would think that if they held those, they would have bet them by now. and if they have a better hand, i don't see why they wouldn't call. i check.

kolobot

kolobot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what is the point here... of course you check. you are already getting a quite juicy pot if you win here. so i dont see the point of bluff-protect betting here with qq when there is nobody to bluff or nothing to protect

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not betting that river is ****ing terrible.

X

xCipx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
na i would say check though, the last thing you would want too happen is u taking a stab and somebody raising a lot and you knowing u cant even call if you wanted too. If you check and loose you loose nothing more, u bet you could easily be throwing your chips away

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
na i would say check though, the last thing you would want too happen is u taking a stab and somebody raising a lot and you knowing u cant even call if you wanted too. If you check and loose you loose nothing more, u bet you could easily be throwing your chips away
What hand smooth calls preflop and then checks 3 street just to set up a river C/R?

I will always bet/fold this river for value,about half the pot and expect to get called by 88-99,Tx,7x ect and obvs. the occasional ace rag.

C

Cobryn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I check it down on the river as played here because the pot is big enough and you may be called on a thin value bet by a weak ace that was afraid to bet previously.

I might have bet the turn to both see where I was at and to make a flush draw pay.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jesus christ you guys are so nitty its stupid. A3 is like the nuts here. Sure once in a blue moon some smack-tard super passive will show up with an ace, but that's rarer than stuff like set over set. You religiously stack almost all sets on all flops, and you should religiously bet anything KT or better on this river. So if you bet, and he calls with A3, he had the nuts, such is life.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet it. You'll get just as many calls from Tens as you will from Aces. Ask yourself what kind of people would call a raise OOP and then check all the way with any Ace here. Just doesn't make sense. I bet 400.

C

Cobryn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a very similar hand with 10/10 come up in a micro limit cash game today after I read the replies for this post. And thinking back on this instead of checking, I bet out for value and exactly the kind of hands that you were talking about called. An 88 and someone with top pair on the board and a good kicker.

So it earned me a few extra bets already.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what is the point here... of course you check. you are already getting a quite juicy pot if you win here. so i dont see the point of bluff-protect betting here with qq when there is nobody to bluff or nothing to protect

umm we're betting for value, not to bluff or protect anything. we don't expect better hands to fold, we expect that (a) some worse hands will call and (b) it's really unlikely that anyone has a better hand given previous action.

seriously c9 is being pretty harsh but he's right. i have nitty tendencies but this is a clear bet to me, which should tell you something.

J

jeffownsyou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends..is this play money, or real? makes a big differnece on what you could put your opponents on..if its real, check it or 1/4 pot whatever your more comfortable with..if its fake..1/2pot or pot bet.

R

rllngn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
think i would have made a bet on the flop to see where everyone is at, then maybe check fold the rest of way if u got called, i always like to puta feeler bet out there espically when i raised preflop, but that is just me

C

cardsDontMatter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
think i would have made a bet on the flop to see where everyone is at, then maybe check fold the rest of way if u got called, i always like to puta feeler bet out there espically when i raised preflop, but that is just me

I can't believe it took this long for someone to actually talk sense.

The OP is the passive smack tard, here. If you're not betting that flop, LIKE YOU RAISED WITH A BIG ACE, then you deserive being absolutely clueless.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't believe it took this long for someone to actually talk sense.

The OP is the passive smack tard, here. If you're not betting that flop, LIKE YOU RAISED WITH A BIG ACE, then you deserive being absolutely clueless.
Good to know the games will never die out.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good to know the games will never die out.

What do you mean? You don't want to bet to "see where you're at"?
You'd rather what, "bet for value"?
That's just crazy talk! :)

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Betting this flop with QQ in a four-way is beyond stupid. I'd think about it with JJ or 99 but never QQ.