QQ facing allin raise?

R

rStormChaser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the late stages of a $10 MTT with about 55 people remaining and top 30 pays. I have just been moved to a new table and the Blinds are at 400/800 and i have stack of around 60k. First hand i am dealt pkt Q's UTG and raise 3 the big blind, every one folds to the big blind who has over 100k in chips and just calls. The flop is 977 rainbow and he checks so i make a pot sized bet, he then check raises me allin.

Call or Fold?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With no reads, I think we have to fold and wait for a better spot. Should we fold we'll still be sitting with tons of chips and plenty of time to get our money in a more favourable situation.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well the only hands we are afraid of is AA,KK, 99 or any hand with a 7 in it.

AA,KK is unlikely since he would be out of position the rest of the hand he should have reraised although he could be one of those try to trap every hand players. 99 is possible and suited connectors such as 67 or 78 is also possible since we don't know anything about his play yet. Of course JJ-1010, A-9,K-9,Q-9, J-9, 10-9 are also all possible hands since he was in the BB and may be defending with a medicore hand, figures you were making a standard continuation bet with AK, AQ and is now trying to take the hand with TPTK or even air figuring you missed.

Overall, I think he had 7-8 suited or A-9. So, do you feel lucky punk, well do you?

R

rStormChaser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
<P>I wanted to wait for a few replies on the hand before posting the answer, but it turns out that i called him and he turned over pkt A's, i never put him on a hand like that because i expected him to reraise preflop. I thought he either check raised with top pair thinknig i had two high cards, or he had an over pair lower than Q's, there was also a big chance he had a set but i still took the risk anyway only to get knocked. In the future i'll probably be more careful  calling all of my chips off without a good read.</P>

calibanboy

calibanboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UL storm chaser.

Interesting hand this. If you had had AA in his position would/could you have done the same?

I have learnt over the years not to call checkraise all ins with only an over pair. I lose them more than I win them.

Still, UL.

R

rStormChaser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i was in his position i would have definitely reraised preflop because of my bad position postflop, i usually like to bet out strong pp's on a board like that because there is still a chance he's drawing to a straight even though he raised from EP, he might even have a medium or over pair and get lucky by catching set. If he doesn't have anything and i check the flop it would seem very suspicious as to why i didn't bet so he would just check the hand down anyway so there really isn't much to gain when the pot is big enough to take down already.

alexanderwoo1

alexanderwoo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is one of those hands for me to have a 50/50 shot of calling or folding. Goes with your gut instincts.

D

DukeDrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have re-raised the AA preflop... people expect him to bully as the big stack, so it would have been in character. In your shoes, I'd consider folding depending on what the average stack size was. If average stack is 20k or 30k, then you can choose to be much pickier with your push. Just my thoughts, though.