QQ on button FT $21,000 Guaranteed

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We're in the money but not yet at real money. 16 left.

I think I played this correctly but what would you do here....Oftentimes this type of raise means weakness but I felt this guy was tight and this was a strong hand that he didn't want to play OOP. What's your move?

Full Tilt, 2,500/5,000 blinds, 600 ante NL Hold'em Tourney, 8 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

UTG+2: 132,354 (26.5 bb)
MP1: 205,566 (41.1 bb)
MP2: 20,025 (4 bb)
SB: 102,028 (20.4 bb)
BB: 70,474 (14.1 bb)
MP3: 339,667 (67.9 bb)
CO: 80,293 (16.1 bb)
: 130,539 (26.1 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BTN with Q
heart.gif
Q
club.gif

3 folds, UTG+2 raises to 25,000, 2 folds

Hero???

R

RMGreen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough to get away from [Qh][Qc]. If you favor aggressive play, you can test him by re-raising. If he re-raises, you know you're probably up against AA or KK and can get away from it. A call will let you see the flop and you can use your position to re-evaluate how you feel about the pot. I'd probably call, but I'd guess a re-raise is probably the correct move.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough to get away from <font color='red'>Q♥</font><font color='black'>Q♣</font>. If you favor aggressive play, you can test him by re-raising. If he re-raises, you know you're probably up against AA or KK and can get away from it. A call will let you see the flop and you can use your position to re-evaluate how you feel about the pot. I'd probably call, but I'd guess a re-raise is probably the correct move.

Come on. I cannot three-bet without shoving. If he had raised to $12,500 I'd reraise to $30,000 and then call a push or MAYBE (rarely) fold, but I can't really do that here. I am not folding QQ with half my stack already in there.

I think this is a clearcut push or call.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gut check time. Agree it is either push or fold. Any stats to back up the tight read? How close to next blind level? Your position in the tournament? Opponents usual opening lead?

Premium hands like this don't come around often. There are only 3 hands to worry about and AK is more likely than AA or KK. 5xBB with these antes is not out of the ordinary. I would have to push here as it is much more likely to be facing JJ/TT/99/AK/AQ here than AA/KK/AK.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only hand I had seen him play was KK, and he played it the same preflop (in a similar position).

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With that read and still being 8th or better in the tournament, a fold is looking better. If below 8th then I'd say shove and hope that opponent also plays his whole opening range the same way.

Z

ZzRick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if you got a read on him then trust it. OR try to suck out on him on the flop. Also i can't seem to see how much chips you have... Also if your not ITM yet Its probably not worth it unless you know u have him beat. Instinct comes into play a lot. Maybe when your ITM then start to play randomly.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had 96,000 and he had me covered. We're ITM, 16 left.

D

dollabill315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely shove or call... already in money i think i take my chances and shove..

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you remember your position out of the 16 left?? Top half, fold. Bottom half, shove.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Somewhere in the middle. I ran completely card dead (this is the first hand I'd played outside of BB since the AQ hand posted in the other thread).

ftph8sme

ftph8sme

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stick with the QQ there. 5x raise is tellin me that he is tryin to take the blinds, as they are getting high, shove, he will prolly fold, take the nice pot.

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove it in, double fist pump and then sit down and whimper when he flips over AA :D
How did it work out?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I shoved it in, he tanked and called down 57-43.

K

kcirjr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this hand and with your chip stacks being even you should prolly just call here. If nothing comes big on flop you have to think your hand is good. If he bets but not big you go all in, if he bets big you have to decide if he has a bigger hand then you. ONline alot, they like to make you think your hand is good especially with qq so i would not be surprised if he has kk or aa especially with the raise he made.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't agree w/push or call. i think its shove or fold here. only way i call here is a stop and go but this play doesnt work if they push the flop before you. i think he would have to be super tight to make pushing bad here. if you push he may fold. you can still suck out here if he does have AA-KK. i tend to say shove.