QQ 10 cent FTP tourney

CursedSoul

CursedSoul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys aproaching 2'nd brake on 10 cent tourney blinds 150/300 50 ante i raise to 900 one call other reraise me all in .. i thought about it for a whyle and i called for my remaining 2.1k other that called 900 called as well .. FLOP A K 3 he raise all in other dude folded he show A Q ... Did i play the hand good considering my situation ?

TiltMonkey999

TiltMonkey999

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Well the blinds were at 150/300 so they were obviously getting high and with your stack at 2.1k..Not to great of a decision to call..For example, I went to a table and was dealt 99. I raised the blind and he calls..After, the flop of A K 2, he reraises my 4x my amount..After that, I just knew, 99 were not good whether or not I was pot commited..Good Thing that you folded otherwise you would of been out..Turned out he had pocket KK, good choice on my part..Take Care
Ray

T

ToVer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling all-in with your stack was a good decision, you could have maybe even have front-pushed to not price the other player in.

If your gonna fold and leave yourself with 2100 you only have 3 rounds worth of chips and you have to consider if your stack would have been enough to make others fold a ragid ace, so without knowledge of your image or the stacks at your table i would say you made a good play.

P

pokerman125x

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes very well it wasnt like a gut feeling u had something u sort of gamble on it but thats poker for you

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 3K starting chips and the pot after blinds/antes (assuming a 9 player table) = 900 you have an M = 3.3. With QQ, you should push AI here instead of a 3xBB raise.

You probably should have been more aggressive at some point prior to this hand unless you have had 72o type hands for the entire level previous to this.