Pretty straighforward hand, whats the next move?

R

rStormChaser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com
UTG (t1820)
UTG+1 (t2515)
MP1 (t1470)
MP2 (t5210)
MP3 (t2899)
CO (t785)
Button (t1195)
SB (t1305)
Hero (BB) (t1865)
Hero's M: 24.87
Preflop: Hero is BB with 7
heart.gif
, 10
heart.gif

5 folds, CO calls t50, 2 folds, Hero checks
Flop: (t125) 7
spade.gif
, 2
spade.gif
, 5
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets t125, CO calls t125
Turn: (t375) 4
club.gif
(2 players)

Now what would you do?

Will post results later.

Last edited:
TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, the CO just limped in there. would help if you told us a little more about this player. I'll just assume no reads. You lead out for 125, he calls. So he can have floped a flush, which means with that turn card you are drawing dead. He could have limped with A3o and he now just turned a straight. So it's a really drawy board now. Best to just check here with the intension of calling a small sized bet. You have top pair with a weak kicker, you don't want a big pot here.

sky4ever

sky4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing hands like this and flopping mediocre hands, the best approach is to try keeping the pot small. If he raises the flop or value-bets the turn or river you could just let it go.You don`t want to play a big pot holding hands like this.
I would just fire a bet on the flop and if I get called I would just c/c.

D

DEdwardsNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet smaller on the flop, a psb is too big imo, you don't want to inflate the pot with a mediocre hand out of position.

ZZFLOP

ZZFLOP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet smaller on the flop, a psb is too big imo, you don't want to inflate the pot with a mediocre hand out of position.

I agree, he just called, could have anything all you have is a pair so I would play it very carefully.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, the CO just limped in there. would help if you told us a little more about this player. I'll just assume no reads. You lead out for 125, he calls. So he can have floped a flush, which means with that turn card you are drawing dead. He could have limped with A3o and he now just turned a straight. So it's a really drawy board now. Best to just check here with the intension of calling a small sized bet. You have top pair with a weak kicker, you don't want a big pot here.

+1

G

grvicious

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to bet/fold maybe 2/3 pot here then call most rivers excluding a 3 or spade. him limping means he could have anything including the a or k of spades and one pair combinations of Ax which we crush most but his most likely holding imo is A or K of spades

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands