my poker gut told me to call with J6 sooted because I knew it would hit a flush

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just as a forewarning:total donk play goes right! doesnt it?

Full Tilt Poker Game #2981130675: Satellite to FTOPS Avatar Race (22625960), Table 2 - 40/80 - No Limit Hold'em - 1:31:11 ET - 2007/07/18
Seat 1: The Ice King (2,840)
Seat 2: pghlem (4,385)
Seat 3: FullTiltJoker (2,321)
Seat 4: AnUndeadMonkey (5,630)
Seat 5: HartAttack31 (14,610)
Seat 7: Point_Seven (3,455), is sitting out
Seat 8: jaisun (2,664)
Seat 9: bpbenda (2,335)
AnUndeadMonkey posts the small blind of 40
HartAttack31 posts the big blind of 80
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HartAttack31 [Jd 6d]
Point_Seven folds
The Ice King: yea, but lost in outher room
jaisun folds
bpbenda folds
The Ice King raises to 160
pghlem folds
FullTiltJoker has 15 seconds left to act
FullTiltJoker raises to 425
AnUndeadMonkey folds
HartAttack31 calls 345
The Ice King calls 265
*** FLOP *** [Kd 8h 3d]
HartAttack31 checks
The Ice King bets 80
FullTiltJoker has 15 seconds left to act
FullTiltJoker raises to 1,280
HartAttack31 calls 1,280
The Ice King raises to 2,415, and is all in
FullTiltJoker calls 616, and is all in
HartAttack31 calls 1,135
The Ice King shows [Ac Kh]
FullTiltJoker shows [As Ah]
HartAttack31 shows [Jd 6d]
*** TURN *** [Kd 8h 3d] [Qd]
*** RIVER *** [Kd 8h 3d Qd] [3s]
The Ice King shows two pair, Kings and Threes
HartAttack31 shows a flush, King high
HartAttack31 wins the side pot (1,038) with a flush, King high
FullTiltJoker shows two pair, Aces and Threes
HartAttack31 wins the main pot (7,003) with a flush, King high
FullTiltJoker stands up
The Ice King stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 8,041 Main pot 7,003. Side pot 1,038. | Rake 0
Board: [Kd 8h 3d Qd 3s]
Seat 1: The Ice King showed [Ac Kh] and lost with two pair, Kings and Threes
Seat 2: pghlem didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: FullTiltJoker (button) showed [As Ah] and lost with two pair, Aces and Threes
Seat 4: AnUndeadMonkey (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 5: HartAttack31 (big blind) showed [Jd 6d] and won (8,041) with a flush, King high
Seat 7: Point_Seven didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: jaisun didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: bpbenda didn't bet (folded)

My gut instinct told me this hand was going to hit. After flop I knew I was gonna hit the flush. AWful play I know, but its good to laugh at when it works! or are we laughing?

:canabis::canabis:

Nexar

Nexar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good poker etiquette is to be humble when you win a nice pot, because if your ignorant and rant about it, you'll lose respect at the table and your raises will be respected even less as there will be players out there to take your chips, I for one can't stand ignorant players, so please don't be one.

a long time ago a wise men said... and i think it actually is good to get the river suck up that you can laf cuz of the nervous and of the guts u have to make the call:D

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Results in the HA section = taboo

Afterlife000

Afterlife000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is a flush draw for me on the flop, then im almost possitive it will come up. I have alot of faith in my flush draws!

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good idea, lets encourage even more donk play.

Let me ask, if you knew what they had preflop would u still play?

If you knew what they had on the flop, would you still play?

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is without a doubt THE most donkish hand I've ever seen posted by the donk in question. That...was...disgraceful.

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude. Dude.

Do you seriously want to post this in HA? Do you REALLY want an analysis on this hand. Let me sum it up....

You made every incorrect call you could, and won. I think that's the definition of "donk" in wikipedia.:deal:

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol ok so maybe postin this in HA was the wrong place, I shoulda put it in brags + BB. My bad but yea, what can I say but when my gut tells me to call I call. Call it donkish, w/e its been workin and hasnt been losin too much.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm glad you posted your names on the other sites. It will make it easier for me to find you.;)

Mmmmmm, lots of chips from you to me.:D

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol ok so maybe postin this in HA was the wrong place, I shoulda put it in brags + BB. My bad but yea, what can I say but when my gut tells me to call I call. Call it donkish, w/e its been workin and hasnt been losin too much.
I'm presuming your gut took you all the way and you won the tourney?

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no my gut took me all the way to 2nd, when I called with chip lead villains all in on j-10-5 board with 33 and he flipped over aq and rivered a king. Correct call but he did have a lot of outs figured him for ak or aq and thats what he had, hoped it held up and didnt. after that I lost to him and got 2nd. So not that bad

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never said they didnt, just sayin, if i think its gonna hit and i can see the flop cheap enough or with enough people then ill go for it. Whether its "good" poker or not is in the eye of the beholder. As much as we say this isnt results oriented i cant argue with them and my br cant either.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because your gut really knows what sort of string of code is going to be spit out of a random number generator to be interpreted by you as computer graphics on a screen. I mean honestly, it's just a ridiculous way to justify making a donkey move. Following your gut when it comes to what another player has based on his action would be reasonable and a completely different thing entirely

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no my gut took me all the way to 2nd, when I called with chip lead villains all in on j-10-5 board with 33 and he flipped over aq and rivered a king. Correct call but he did have a lot of outs figured him for ak or aq and thats what he had, hoped it held up and didnt. after that I lost to him and got 2nd. So not that bad

not a correct call, your poker gut should have told you he'd hit the king on the river

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i know its stupid but its my little quirk that makes me a unique poker player :)

:canabis:

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it doesn't really make you unique, a lot of players overvalue sooted cards and flush draws ;)

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol thats not the way it is but I expected to get massively flamed for it, was interested what people would exactly say though.

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
was interested what people would exactly say though.

This was a terrific play, a gutsy call PF and you really showed them who the sheriff is, next time they'll learn to not raise PF with AA and AK, cause they know you might be there with J6s to get their stacks good, so they just better fold and apologize. Is that what you wanted to hear?

Come on man, no offense, of course you're going to get flamed with the way the hand went before the flop. There is a raise and reraise before you act, and you call the reraise knowing the action isn't even closed yet. What would you have done if the first raiser shoves? Call because your poker gut told you that you'd hit a flush ?

I have nothing against playing loose also considering the size of your stack, which justifies making moves particularly if you think you can push them around on the flop. If you can do that more power to you and its all great, I support that style of play. But this was a bit exaggerated because you know a reraise means strength at these stakes and you know your way behind, you have to expect that chips will go in on the flop, you know its coming and there is nothing you can do except hope to get really lucky like you did. That's what makes it terrible, the fact that luck was the only way out of this.

Anyway if your poker gut is in your genes let me know so perhaps we can find a way to manipulate it and put it to work in a more profitable setting, rather than wasting it in a sat to a FTOPS Avatar Race.

Seriously, I think you're a much better player than this and you just did it cause you didn't really care about this tourney. Or at least I hope that's the case.

C

chatoman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im confused.... is this supposed to be a good play?

Paying 8BB to see a flop with J6s and then risk everything on a flush draw?

As someone said earlier.... "encourage the donk play"

I think you didnt want to play that tourney and you said.. lets triple up or die here, its the only thing

otherwise....:confused: :confused:

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im confused.... is this supposed to be a good play?
No, this was far from the right play. You may have just missed some of the sarcasm. But don't take this hand as a learning tool unless it is what not to do.

Full Flush Poker