Pair of K with flush draw, facing a midsize bet on turn

smells_flushy

smells_flushy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played the turn horribly, but what would you have done instead?

full tilt poker Game #5170936581: $6 + $0.50 Sit & Go (Turbo) (39300482), Table 1 - 60/120 - No Limit Hold'em - 11:51:18 ET - 2008/02/08
Seat 1: NegPL (1,875)
Seat 2: alemoumm (4,710)
Seat 6: Devina13 (1,680)
Seat 7: UNC Tarheels 05 (1,595)
Seat 8: diamond92 (1,310)
Seat 9: Haopei (2,330)
diamond92 posts the small blind of 60
Haopei posts the big blind of 120
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Haopei [Td Kd]
NegPL folds
alemoumm folds
Devina13 has 15 seconds left to act
Devina13 raises to 360
UNC Tarheels 05 folds
diamond92 folds
Haopei calls 240
*** FLOP *** [3d Ac Jd]
Haopei checks
Devina13 checks
*** TURN *** [3d Ac Jd] [Kc]
Haopei checks
Devina13 has 15 seconds left to act
Devina13 bets 360
(what would you do here?)

Haopei raises to 1,970, and is all in
Devina13 calls 960, and is all in
Haopei shows [Td Kd]
Devina13 shows [Js Ad]
Uncalled bet of 650 returned to Haopei
*** RIVER *** [3d Ac Jd Kc] [3s]
Haopei shows two pair, Kings and Threes
Devina13 shows two pair, Aces and Jacks
Devina13 wins the pot (3,420) with two pair, Aces and Jacks
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3,420 | Rake 0
Board: [3d Ac Jd Kc 3s]
Seat 1: NegPL didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: alemoumm didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: Devina13 showed [Js Ad] and won (3,420) with two pair, Aces and Jacks
Seat 7: UNC Tarheels 05 (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: diamond92 (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 9: Haopei (big blind) showed [Td Kd] and lost with two pair, Kings and Threes

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold pre flop, then on flop i say fold again. What can we beat? We can beat j,t q,j and a pp. But id imagine a pp would check behind on that turn if they checked flop. On an ace high board like that, you would expect a pre flop raises to cbet. So the fact that he hasnt implies that he has caught a monster, 2 pair or a set. So i fold fearing of those. I suppose he may have qq, but its too risky to call hoping for that

SubT33

SubT33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold pre-flop unless you have a great read, otherwise we are way behind his range A9s+, KQs. But as the hand played out, I would definitely call the turn bet as you have a ton of outs, most of which are to the most likely best hand. To win a pot of 1140 you have to call a bet of 360 (1140 to 360 equals 3.17 to 1). You have 9 outs to the diamond flush, 2 kings give you a set, and 4 queens give you a straight. That's 15 outs for the river, which is 2.07 to 1. This is a winning proposition over the long run, call the turn bet. However I don't like the pre-flop call.

SubT33

SubT33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And I definitely don't like your all-in on the turn. ( I just read the rest of the hand)

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold preflop - you're out of position with a terrible hand. If you want to get involved, 3-bet shove him. Actually I wouldn't even condone that since he's so committed and your KTs isn't usually in great shape. So fold - I think it should go fold>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>call/shove.

On the flop, as played, it should be a push, as in a stop n go. You have zero FE on the flop for a check-raise since villain is so committed, and are pretty much banking on your actual hand equity which is good, but not great, so go ahead and shove now hoping he's got a pair smaller than an ace, or some other better hand we can possibly push out.

Turn - think about his range. What raises preflop? (prob big cards/pairs, and occasionally bluffs) What checks that flop? (prob monsters, and weaker pairs like 77 etc) What's the best action against that range? (I'll let you answer that yourself ;)).

Also, don't post results please.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah this is a bit of a trainwreck of a hand.

This is a simple shove/fold preflop. If you think you have fold equity, I don't mind shoving at all here, although I'd probably rather do it with a hand that is less easily dominated by villain's calling range.

As played you've left yourself in a truly horrid spot by going deep into a hand where you're OOP with a marginal holding.

Full Flush Poker