Opinions please ?

CRUDEFINDER

CRUDEFINDER

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing in a tourn. Sunday and would like to know if I played this hand correctly.
My stak=1065 BB stak=3220
I was in SB, it was folded around to me and I just limp-in for 10 w/ A9os, the BB raises me 60 to 80, I call.( Probably should have RR here).
Flop Ac 6c 10c
I bet 80
BB raises to 300
I re-raise 685 to 985 and am all in
(I set a trap,now I might be trapped)
turn=4d
river=2c
BB shows Qc 6h

Who was the donk in this hand?:confused:

Scarfacecw

Scarfacecw

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you both was donks

sorry not trying to be rude but you honestly cant say either of yall was donks cause in online poker you can only play the cards you have an guess at what they are worth chip wise....there is my no bluffing rule because it would be hard to gauge someones betting pattern unless you have played more than 50 plus hands with the same person...

with that said you called with top pair that was excellent play A 6 10 on the flop his thinking was hey let me see if the opponent has an A or better so he raised it but when you called he thought you was bluffing so he said to himself lets see how high you will go yet again he raises then you re raised him which was a classic play great job once you was all in the rest didnt matter the turn and river was all that stood in your way ......get at me if you want to learn something...

C

Chookes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With an Ace in my hand on SB, I'd have raised and not limped in. My problem is that if the BB raises me, I don't really know where I'd stand with a weak(ish) kicker. I would re-raise him to see where I stand. After the flop, you raised correctly but I would have raised more. You're opponent wasn't a "donk", he just made a play at the wrong time.

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry not trying to be rude but you honestly cant say either of yall was donks cause in online poker you can only play the cards you have an guess at what they are worth chip wise....there is my no bluffing rule because it would be hard to gauge someones betting pattern unless you have played more than 50 plus hands with the same person...

with that said you called with top pair that was excellent play A 6 10 on the flop his thinking was hey let me see if the opponent has an A or better so he raised it but when you called he thought you was bluffing so he said to himself lets see how high you will go yet again he raises then you re raised him which was a classic play great job once you was all in the rest didnt matter the turn and river was all that stood in your way ......get at me if you want to learn something...

What? I've read that like three times, and I have no idea what you said. ^^^^

Anyway, if it's folded around to you in the SB - raising preflop with A9o is the play I would have chosen. By limping/calling you have given the betting over to the BB, and in these situations whoever is the aggressor usually wins. Most times you will both miss the flop.

And on this flop, you bet out about 1/2 the pot (I think), and he reraises you 300. Obviously you do not have the Ac, so at this point you have two options. 1)fold or 2) shove. If they have the flush, your drawing almost dead (you'd need running cards). If they paired and and have a club, they have a ton of outs. And there is also the possibility of a bigger ace.

Given how early it is in the tourney, I fold and move on.