h_e: folds
Osmann: raises 1775 to 2200
Brimic calls 1611 and is all in
Cocody calls 1775
*** TURN *** 6♥
Cocody: Checks
Osmann: bets 2330 and is all in
Cocody: calls

The action was very loose and I was an average stack. There were 60 people left out of 89 and 25 had made a rebuy. The final 14 got prizemoney.

I figured with the potsize raise I made, I would either take the pot down right away, or atleast go heads up against the original bettor, which was basicly the idea of the huge raise. How do you think this hand should have been played?

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Osmann said:
I figured with the potsize raise I made, I would either take the pot down right away, or atleast go heads up against the original bettor, which was basicly the idea of the huge raise. How do you think this hand should have been played?
Think you played it fine. You had the best hand, and I wouldn't have expected 2 callers either. First bet would have taken down a nice pot if not called. I'm hoping you won and aren't going to say the guy went all the way on a straight draw and hit with the final 6? - he looks like a typical Omaha calling station to me, and you did the right thing betting hard at him.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have raised pre-flop here. There's are too many players in the pot. I have a question, is this hi/lo? If so, then one of the players has a low hand draw. There's probably a flush and straight draw as well. I would have gone all in after you hit your set. You don't want to get sucked outwith a straight of flush draw. Two players happen to call so of you lose, at least you would have played your hand correctly after the flop.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
t1riel said:
I would have raised pre-flop here. There's are too many players in the pot. I have a question, is this hi/lo? If so, then one of the players has a low hand draw. There's probably a flush and straight draw as well. I would have gone all in after you hit your set. You don't want to get sucked outwith a straight of flush draw. Two players happen to call so of you lose, at least you would have played your hand correctly after the flop.
No, dont raise with a hand like that in Omaha - see the flop then decide. Do you want to be all-in preflop with a pair of nines? - on a loose table? And post flop, there isn't a flush draw, and not really likely to be a straight draw. His bet size was fine - it was big enough to put off chasers, and small enough to hopefully get a speculative call from a big-stack. I like the way he played the hand personally - just hope he won!

Osmann

Osmann

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, i'm sorry it took me so long time to reply, but i've been busy for the last couple of days.

t1riel said:

It was a PLO tournament so there were no low draws. Because it was a pot limit game I couldn't raise more on the flop, otherwise I would have raised all in.

As the hand turned out Brimic (small blind) was on an ace high flush draw wich he caught on the river and won the main pot. Cocody(big blind) had bottom 2 pair and a gut shot straight draw wich he caught on the turn, so he knocked me out of the tourney.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands