Omaha h/l HU: Interesting spot with hard to explain hand

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ye the hands unconverted, make me a converter and ill convert it otherwise deal with it

Seat 1: rorscharsh (1540 in chips)
Seat 2: switch0723 (1460 in chips)
switch0723: posts small blind 5
rorscharsh: posts big blind 10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to switch0723 [2c Jc 3c 8c]
switch0723: raises 20 to 30
rorscharsh: calls 20
*** FLOP *** [7s 5h 4c]
rorscharsh: checks
switch0723: checks
*** TURN *** [7s 5h 4c] [6d]
rorscharsh: checks
switch0723: bets 50
rorscharsh: raises 160 to 210
switch0723: thinks hmmmmmmm

all suggestions are welcome, since omaha is teh fun, suggestions should be aswell

S

Styrofoam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are probably beat on the high hand, and the low hand might be a chop, or he could be scooping with a hand like A289, or A368 and while that isn't out of the question, there's gotta be a better spot to get your money in?

Admittedly Omaha H/L is not my forte, but just looking at it, i would think you're probably beaten. maybe for the whole pot...

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no reads on the guy/never played him before i guess?

i think once he c/r's this board he's like never folding anything, that's first of all. so 34, 35, 36, 37, 48, 58, 68, 78, 98 all have you for the high, and he just has to have A3 or A2 with any of those to scoop, 23 with any of those to quarter you. or he could have the same straight for his high but w/ an A to nab the low and quarter you

i assume you're contemplating between fold or call? since there's not any value in a raise and it won't semibluff him off something with just a better low or better high

we're beat by a ton of combinations but i don't think i'd be able to fold here. i guess i call and see what happens. er i kind of think folding is best though

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh crap, i left out some hands. 56, 57. sigh yeah looks like you're scooping approx never, getting freerolled and then scooped some, getting quartered some. i guess it must be a fold even though i don't think i'd fold in the moment

S

Styrofoam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
oh crap, i left out some hands. 56, 57. sigh yeah looks like you're scooping approx never, getting freerolled and then scooped some, getting quartered some. i guess it must be a fold even though i don't think i'd fold in the moment

I agree 100%

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands