obvious fold right? (from cc buyin)

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stacks: - El_Chatoman with 1285 - dakota-xx with 1662 - NANUNANU with 1330 - HartAttack31 with 1635 - bhanacik with 1965 - LoDog33 with 1213 - jaymfc420 with 1410

index.pl

Site: full tilt poker
* - Dealt to HartAttack31:
qh.gif
qc.gif

* - Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
* - jaymfc420 calls [50]
* - HartAttack31 raises to 200
* - jaymfc420 calls [150]
* - Folds: 5
* - Potsize: 450
Flop:
6s.gif
kd.gif
2c.gif

* - HartAttack31 bets [250]
* - jaymfc420 calls [250]
* - Potsize: 950
Turn:
6c.gif

* - HartAttack31 checks
* - jaymfc420 bets [400]
* - Uncalled bet of 400 returned to jaymfc420
* - jaymfc420 wins the pot (950)
* - Folds: 1

figured it was an easy fold after he called the bet on the flop and bet the turn, was I wrong in folding? How do I play the hand differently to lose less chips or win? and jay if you see this I HAVE TO KNOW lol, did u have the queens beat?

O

ol_sin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is a better way, I'd really like to know it. This is pretty much exactly how I play this kind of hand. (sshhhh, don't tell anybody)

I've always just kind of figured, its better to be wrong and fold some of the time than to be wrong and call (or raise) some of the time.

Redred

Redred

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This look alot like the beginning of a S&G and unless you know this villain from previous experiences, there's not much more you could do.

The only other way to play this flop would have been to check/raise his bet if it's not too big. If his bet is more then half the pot, fold. As soon as you see an overcard in this situation, your options are realy limited.

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would c/r the flop since there is no possible draw, you are heads-up OOP and if you're already beat, well maybe you can catch a nice card on the turn. I cannot see jay not betting here if it is checked to him and if he doesn't, I would still check the turn. Remember that your queens are now pretty much dead unless he doesn't have a King (since he could very well have a 6 and caught on the turn).

He limped preflop and cold called your raise. This could be a number of hands such as medium pp, suited connectors or a tricky (badly) played AK or big pp. Your move here dpends a lot on your previous play with villain. Will he limp Kxs and call a raise ? Will he limp big hands ? Does he bluff a lot of dry flops (this is one).

Plus, if I bet this flop, I bet a lot less to manage the pot since you're pretty much in dire straights on the turn once the pot is almost equal to your chipstack. No need to play for stacks with an over to your PP.

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only other way to play this flop would have been to check/raise his bet if it's not too big. If his bet is more then half the pot, fold. As soon as you see an overcard in this situation, your options are realy limited.

Wouldn't somebody trying to buy the pot bet big in this situation ?

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would c/r the flop since there is no possible draw, you are heads-up OOP and if you're already beat, well maybe you can catch a nice card on the turn. I cannot see jay not betting here if it is checked to him and if he doesn't, I would still check the turn. Remember that your queens are now pretty much dead unless he doesn't have a King (since he could very well have a 6 and caught on the turn).

He limped preflop and cold called your raise. This could be a number of hands such as medium pp, suited connectors or a tricky (badly) played AK or big pp. Your move here dpends a lot on your previous play with villain. Will he limp Kxs and call a raise ? Will he limp big hands ? Does he bluff a lot of dry flops (this is one).

Plus, if I bet this flop, I bet a lot less to manage the pot since you're pretty much in dire straights on the turn once the pot is almost equal to your chipstack. No need to play for stacks with an over to your PP.

Not sure about the part in bold tbh. I think 250 into 450 is pretty much the ideal bet here and any less would not really let us know where we stand.

And I think folding was the only option. You have to ask what you could beat after the flop, and not a lot springs to mind. He wouldn't have limped with tens or jacks, something like K10s or KJs here I would guess.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stacks: - El_Chatoman with 1285 - dakota-xx with 1662 - NANUNANU with 1330 - HartAttack31 with 1635 - bhanacik with 1965 - LoDog33 with 1213 - jaymfc420 with 1410

index.pl

Site: Full Tilt Poker
- Dealt to jaymfc420:
:ac4:
tc.gif

- Sklansky group 3
Preflop:
- jaymfc420 calls [50]
- hartattack31 raises to 200
- jaymfc420 calls [150]
- Folds: 5
- Potsize: 450
Flop:
:6s4: :kd4: :2c4:
- hartattack31 bets [250]
- jaymfc420 calls [250]
- Potsize: 950
Turn:
:6c4:
- HartAttack31 checks
- jaymfc420 bets [400]
- Uncalled bet of 400 returned to jaymfc420
- jaymfc420 wins the pot (950)
- Folds: 1

got in for more than I wanted PF , missed flop , $250 felt like a c-bet on middle pr or ace something , didn't think you hit the K , figured I could come over the top of you on the turn if you didn't bet big . you checked the turn and I fired a bullet to represent kk's . it worked . sorry dude it's poker. sorry it took so long for me to post , had to email support for the hh. having it saved to my pc now. see you at the tables. :)

ratmantoo

ratmantoo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well played Jay...

Well played Hart...

Nothing wrong with either plays iMHO.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hart attack=owned

nice play by both tho

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check/raising the flop is not a good play considering stack sizes, although in this case it probably would have worked but that's being results oriented. It would be different in a cash game but in this context it's not really the ideal because you'd be digging too deep into your stack. On the flop the pot is 450 so if Jay leads out 250 how much are you going to raise? Even if you minraise it to 500 you put just about 1/2 your stack in the pot.

Jay limped/called a raise PF so you can put him on a KJ, KT type of hand and hope he folds fearing he's dominated since the flop has no flush/straight draws, but if he doesn't you're almost forced to give up on the hand on the turn, unless you fire again which means shoving. I wouldn't do that because the KJ, KT hands, especially when suited, are the favorite limp/call raise hands for donks and most times they are not able to get rid of them once they hit the flop. This is usually a good thing because you often double up against such players, but in cases like this it can mean an early tourney exit and what's worse and even more frustrating is that you're rewarding a donk :mad: . I'm just speaking in general, I'm not at all saying that Jay is a donk :) .

Although risky and kind of living on the edge, this was well played by Jay and there really isn't much you can do looking at stack sizes. Position rulz :) . Your Q's have showdown value, even with the overcard on the board, but after his turn bet there isn't much hope to get there cheaply so you're forced to give up. I wish I could say you shouldn't have c-bet the flop but there really isn't much wrong in doing that, because pretty much if you check you have to expect Jay to bet. You can call the flop bet but if he has the balls to fire again on the turn, since this isn't a cash game, you're forced to fold.

Folding in Poker