NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: $25c NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Flush on turn should I call?

B

brunochano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/724UsudzE

This was a 25cents 45 players tournament.

I ask my self if I should have called this hand the flush was exactly what I was looking for but when it happened I didn't pay a 75% bet from the villain.

His WTSD was 75 (3/4) and his vpip/pfr 11/11.

Now looking at this hand I think that he could have probably sticked into some ace high kicker but I dont know how to think this spot it seens confuse to me.

The only flush draw cards the could beat me was Kd Jd and Td but I thought he could have any of these hands instead of just been stuck into some aces and there was also another player to close the action. Now I wonder my self if there was any different way to think it.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against two opponents I would check-fold this hand on the flop. The problem is, you have third pair, and even though you have a flushdraw, its a very bad flushdraw. So weather another diamond comes or not, you will never have any idea, where you are, and if they continue to pile chips in the pot, you are usually beat. As a general tip getting out early and cheap from situations like these tend to save a lot of headache. Sometimes you will fold the best hand, but the goal in poker is not to be unbluffable.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This imo, is a relatively easy fold on the flop. You have a hand that looks so much better and stronger than it really is. Think in terms of what turn and river cards you would need to come to feel somewhat comfortable with your hand. You raised pre as you should have and got two callers which I think its somewhat safe to assume that if they have a diamond its more than likely higher than your 8. Secondly, there can easily be a pair that is larger than yours already made in the hand. Lastly, an overcard that comes on the turn and river will add to the probability that you are behind. That leaves the turn and river cards needing to be an 8 (which still guarantees you nothing on this board but helps) or two low cards below 8 that are not diamonds. These low cards could hit sets but it is your best chance at this point. Even if that were the runout how much pressure could you withstand in this hand from either of the opponents? Not much so really your hand here is just not that good although it really gives the appearance of connecting with the board.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given the play, you will rarely, if ever, have the best hand when the action goes the way it did.

And I do agree with fund...folding the flop is probably the best play.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have 1 bet, maybe you can call. But a bet then a call, I would save the 360 and fold the flop. Its possible you’re winning on the flop but too many bad cards that you can’t really call any bets and turning 88 into a bluff doesn’t make sense.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/724UsudzE

This was a 25cents 45 players tournament.

I ask my self if I should have called this hand the flush was exactly what I was looking for but when it happened I didn't pay a 75% bet from the villain.

His WTSD was 75 (3/4) and his vpip/pfr 11/11.

Now looking at this hand I think that he could have probably sticked into some ace high kicker but I dont know how to think this spot it seens confuse to me.

The only flush draw cards the could beat me was Kd Jd and Td but I thought he could have any of these hands instead of just been stuck into some aces and there was also another player to close the action. Now I wonder my self if there was any different way to think it.

Thank you for posting.

While you are correct on what flush cards beat you the frequency with which 2 V will have those flush cards is high as others have said. Also the bigger turn bet vs 2 V when both of you can have the Kd indicates a great deal of strength or complete lack of skill by the bettor.

On the flop we want to think about multiple turn and river actions not just hitting our hand. So you state- you called to make a flush- but you did not prepare for- what do I do if my V big bets when I do hit until it happened.

The skill you may wish to work on is anticipating the difficulties that lie ahead of us based on our hand and board interaction and the possible betting actions V can take in NL. As in chess we strive to be thinking 5 moves ahead.

The good news is it only takes practice to gain this mindset.

Hope this helps
:):)

Full Flush Poker