Poker_Fanatic99: 2,340 (4.7 bb)
NoWuckinFurries: 16,025 (32.1 bb)
LizzyJ: 4,385 (8.8 bb)
JupeZ: 16,064 (32.1 bb)

Pre-Flop: NoWuckinFurries is BTN with K
heart.gif
A
spade.gif

guppystew folds, XPOKERCHIC raises to 13,942 and is all-in, talkpkr2me folds, Poker_Fanatic99 folds, NoWuckinFurries :questionm:questionm:questionm

XPOKERCHIC hasn't been bullying the table, so my guess would be a high pocket pair such as 99 or TT. What do I do next?

begley01

begley01

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats the pay out structure? I wouldn't want to coin flip with a big stack unless there is some incentive to win this tournament, you both fairly deep at this point.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We are fairly close to the bubble, top 18 places pay and we have gone from 128 starters to less than 30...

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why risk it when there are plenty of smaller stacks to feast on. At best you'll be behind in a coin flip that cripples you if you lose.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My logic is that I don't just want to be in the money, I want to win. Anyway, this is how it panned out:

Full Tilt, 250/500 blinds, 50 ante NL Hold'em Tourney, 7 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

guppystew: 8,642 (17.3 bb)
XPOKERCHIC: 13,992 (28 bb)
talkpkr2me: 5,184 (10.4 bb)
Poker_Fanatic99: 2,340 (4.7 bb)
NoWuckinFurries: 16,025 (32.1 bb)
LizzyJ: 4,385 (8.8 bb)
JupeZ: 16,064 (32.1 bb)

Pre-Flop: NoWuckinFurries is BTN with K
heart.gif
A
spade.gif

guppystew folds, XPOKERCHIC raises to 13,942 and is all-in, talkpkr2me folds, Poker_Fanatic99 folds, NoWuckinFurries calls 13,942, LizzyJ folds, JupeZ folds

Flop: (28,984) 8
spade.gif
T
spade.gif
J
heart.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)
Turn: (28,984) T
club.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)
River: (28,984) J
diamond.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)
Results: 28,984 pot
XPOKERCHIC showed 6
diamond.gif
club.gif
(two pairs, Jacks and Tens) and lost (-13,992 net)
NoWuckinFurries showed K
heart.gif
A
spade.gif
(two pairs, Jacks and Tens) and won 28,984 (14,992 net)

So we both had the same hand - but my higher kicker won!

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you think AQ is in villain's shoving range here you're perfectly justified in calling.

(hint: AQ is definitely in her shoving range)

R

RyC17

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If im in your position, freeroll, nearly in the money, i am capable to fold a K A of suit , First because I want to stay till im in the money, then because is not one of my cards to follow an all in near the buble, do you understand me?
Is my opinion but good try, at the end u won it, hehee nh!

RyC17
I see you in the Tables

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If im in your position, freeroll, nearly in the money, i am capable to fold a K A of suit , First because I want to stay till im in the money, then because is not one of my cards to follow an all in near the buble, do you understand me?
I understand you, but don't necessarily agree with you. ;)

Thanks for the input, anyway...

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice call- I would have shoved too. She didnt have to push with a pocket pair and she's probably claiming a bad beat,which it kinda is, but thats poker. I have played with pokerchic before and she's not real aggressive.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice call- I would have shoved too. She didnt have to push with a pocket pair and she's probably claiming a bad beat,which it kinda is, but thats poker. I have played with pokerchic before and she's not real aggressive.
Actually I received quite a few unimpressed comments from other people around the table... :(

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That really depends on your goal for the tournament. If you want to win, like you already said, a call there is perfectly fine as you are up against a mid to low pair the majority of the time. You may be up against AQ or MAYBE AJ, but it is up to you if you want to flip the coin at that point.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing to do with the fact I know the outcome, but I would have called.

Like u say, I want to win, not limp into the money.

U R only well behind AA and KK and as u r holding an Ace and a King this is unlikely, but obviously not impossible.

Bigger buy in then I possibly would fold, but I doubt it. Sometimes I feel sticking to basics helps

DenisXS

DenisXS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You got very lucky there to win with 5th card! I envy you for it))) cos lately 'been having so many bad beats you cannot imagine...

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You got very lucky there to win with 5th card! I envy you for it))) cos lately 'been having so many bad beats you cannot imagine...

Once all in preflop, it doesn't matter when the card hits. It's all worked into the percentages...

but yes, call with AK all in a very large percentage of the time in tournaments.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I was actually watching your table and although the call is borderline in most cases as there were many stacks in the game far shorter... I happened to notice a few hands your opponent had overvalued &/or bluffed with (one was triple-barrelling w AT on a completely missed board, having their opponent fold on the river very short-stacked and then showing the AT bluff). They also seemed to be playing a pretty wide range in my opinion (so are reads seem to be different on them?).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Open shoving for 28bb's from EP with so many shortstacks out there.. seems pretty insane to me.
When putting your opponent here on a range we're obviously eliminating AA,KK,QQ from the list (they're not going to open shove on a big pr that they can obviously get value on, hoping a SS would come over the top in all likelihood).
So.. what else can we put them on here?? Perhaps 99, TT, JJ,.. a hand they don't want to try to play postflop if overs hit the board?? IDK.. I still would never open shove from Early Position with one of those hands either. IMO the open shove really doesn't make any sense at all (having watched the table play out here),.. in which case calling with AK, although a bold move is probably good here.
Regardless.. in my own sick way I was happy to see the call and the KO (as I'm sure too was the player to their immediate left, the one they'd bluffed off that big pot earlier... and then got mad at when the same player called their BvB shove w I think it was K-9... Weeeeeeee... .I liked that one too).
Myself, I would've folded the AK in this spot. Anytime I'm faced with a decision (in this case I believe on or very close to the bubble), I'm weighing out the consequences for myself.... how will losing the hand affect my chances?.. how will winning the hand increase my chances?... does the positive affect of winning the hand outweigh the negative impact of losing it?... for these reasons I'd say it's clearly a fold but with taking into consideration the somewhat odd & aggressive plays opponent had been making it could make it close.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
"Actually I received quite a few unimpressed comments from other people around the table"

I guess you didn't read mine at the time then. I thought it was great! lol