No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Freeroll
  1. Freeroll
Currency
$
BB stats after 87 hands: VPIP 20 PFR 13 Limp 2 PF Call to Steal 50

Do you guys think that I should give up on the turn? Or C-betting the flop is bad also?

pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - 75/150 (15 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: 4,940 (33 bb)
UTG+1: 4,370 (29 bb)
MP: 5,362 (36 bb)
MP+1: 861 (6 bb)
LP: 886 (6 bb)
CO: 5,694 (38 bb)
BU (Hero): 4,515 (30 bb)
SB: 3,391 (23 bb)
BB: 7,055 (47 bb)

Pre-Flop: (360) Hero is BTN with Q T
6 players fold, Hero raises to 345, 1 fold, BB calls 195

Flop: (900) A 6 2 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets 522, BB calls 522

Turn: (1,944) K (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets 933, BB calls 933

River: (3,810) 5 (2 players)
BB bets 5,240 (all-in), BU (Hero) folds

Total pot: 3,810
BB wins 3,810

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open.

Flop
A dry ace high flop can be C-bet with almost your entire range, but then you should use a smaller sizing. You dont need to bet more than half pot to make him fold all his hands, that missed completely. A small size work fine for value also, because if you have an ace, its very difficult for him to draw out on you, so you want to price him in to call.

Turn
I dont mind firing again, since you picked up a gutshot. Of course he is never folding an ace, but if he has a hand like 76 or 44, he might let it go now.

River
This donk jam is pretty weird and honestly it look bluffy. But you have many better hands to call with, so I would also not make a big hero call here.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre is fine, flop as Fundiver said is a bet but it should be smaller. Most players there are pretty binary on calling or folding so unless you make it like 200 into the 900 pot villain is going to fold if they have nothing or call when they have a something. I think 375-400 is just fine here as its not a downbet spot to me but it should be less than half pot.

On the turn after we get called on the flop we probably arent ahead but we still could be. I definitely check in this spot with this specific card coming on the board since we have the nut non pair hand now with Q high which gives us showdown value. There is some merit to betting to possibly get 2x or 6x to fold but depending on villain I think if they came along on the flop to that sizing then they will also call turn. We can take free card here and see if we can improve, just know that a Q or 10 improves us but it may not be a winning hand.

River is a bit weird by villain but I'm not calling this with Q high. Its obviously a polarized bet so they could have air here and we are ahead but there are plenty of hands, as Fundiver also mentions, that beat us and thats enough for me to fold here without even really considering a call.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just want to add, that even though this is a freeroll, the opponent actually had solid TAG stats, And I dont think, a TAG is likely to take this line as a bluff. If we look at the hand from his perspective, then heros hand very much look like top pair after raising preflop and betting big on both flop and turn . 5c changes nothing, and typically people are not folding top pair in a freeroll, so this does not look like a great bluffing spot for Villain. If I have to guess, he either rivered two pair with A5/65, or he was sandbagging a set or two pair the whole time. And then he donk jammed the river for value, because he did not want to rely on Hero betting again himself. I would still call here with top pair, because if nothing else I then block some of the two pair, but certainly no need to call with Q high.