KevinRBTV (UTG): 3,734 (5 bb)
ger1068 (MP): 16,938 (21 bb)
ratbat615 (MP+1): 6,742 (8 bb)
RagNar8710 (CO): 15,060 (19 bb)
GianlucaPadluca (BU): 8,680 (11 bb)
BelFish (SB): 9,891 (12 bb)
ehimz (BB): 15,083 (19 bb)

Pre-Flop: (1,725) Hero (ratbat615) is MP+1 with J A
2 players fold, ratbat615 (MP+1) folds, RagNar8710 (CO) raises to 14,985 (all-in), 1 fold, BelFish (SB) calls 9,416 (all-in), 1 fold

Flop: (20,957) Q 4 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (20,957) 3 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (20,957) 3 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: 20,957

Showdown:
RagNar8710 (CO) shows A 9 (a pair of Threes)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 30%, Flop: 13%, Turn: 7%, River: 0%)

BelFish (SB) shows A K (a pair of Threes - higher kicker)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 70%, Flop: 87%, Turn: 93%, River: 100%)

BelFish (SB) wins 20,957

I know why I folded I was trying to make the money 💴. I pick up ⬆️ AJo in the mp with 8bbs I know the book 📕 said I should jam but because of the way the game was playing plus I was trying to make the money 💰. I Decided to fold and it was a good 👍 thing.my question 🙋‍♀️ am I suppose to jam there ?? Thank you for your comment.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, AJ off with 8 BBs in the HJ is a jam here fairly easily. You can develop your own jamming range here based off of pre flop charts and then adjusting it based on the players around you but I'm thinking with 8 BBs in the HJ I would be A8 off+, any ace suited, 44+. That's just my opinion there on the jamming range which as I said should be based off charts and then a personal input by your feeling at the time, the table, the bubble, etc. I think a case can be made here for any Ax, any pair, K6 suited+, K9 off+, Q10 suited+. That range is a little loose for me but with 8 BBs the real mistake is blinding down to 3 BBs so that even when you double up you still don't have a chance to win. Not saying it does not happen to me but I try to avoid it. AJ is a hand here with 8 BBs that I am not even thinking about it, my chips are going in the middle.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of the difficult things about poker is, that sometimes the wrong decision will be "right", like it was here, and that makes it very easy to become results oriented. The fact, its near the bubble, does actually not change your jamming range all that much, since the players behind will typically not want to lose half their stack or more at this point. So even with just 8 bigs you have quite a bit of fold equity, and other than the hands mentioned by 300HPGOD you should also be jamming all suited broadways as well as KJ+. Or at least thats the range I would use in real time. To get the exact answer, we need to use a program like ICMizer and know all details about payouts etc. But to sum it up being this tight near the bubble will reduce the number of final tables, you reach, and that is where, most of the money in MTTs are won.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Yes, AJ off with 8 BBs in the HJ is a jam here fairly easily. You can develop your own jamming range here based off of pre flop charts and then adjusting it based on the players around you but I'm thinking with 8 BBs in the HJ I would be A8 off+, any ace suited, 44+. That's just my opinion there on the jamming range which as I said should be based off charts and then a personal input by your feeling at the time, the table, the bubble, etc. I think a case can be made here for any Ax, any pair, K6 suited+, K9 off+, Q10 suited+. That range is a little loose for me but with 8 BBs the real mistake is blinding down to 3 BBs so that even when you double up you still don't have a chance to win. Not saying it does not happen to me but I try to avoid it. AJ is a hand here with 8 BBs that I am not even thinking about it, my chips are going in the middle.
Thank you for your comment.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
One of the difficult things about poker is, that sometimes the wrong decision will be "right", like it was here, and that makes it very easy to become results oriented. The fact, its near the bubble, does actually not change your jamming range all that much, since the players behind will typically not want to lose half their stack or more at this point. So even with just 8 bigs you have quite a bit of fold equity, and other than the hands mentioned by 300HPGOD you should also be jamming all suited broadways as well as KJ+. Or at least thats the range I would use in real time. To get the exact answer, we need to use a program like ICMizer and know all details about payouts etc. But to sum it up being this tight near the bubble will reduce the number of final tables, you reach, and that is where, most of the money in MTTs are won.
I agree ☝️ losses long Term.

Folding in Poker