M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The trouble is that a large percentage of players (most often at the lower levels, which includes freerolls), do not play 'perfect' poker. Chris Ferguson finally began to understand this after years of working out how to play perfect poker. But Goo Money was the table leader, and there's always a possibility that someone who knows he can't be knocked out, will take that sort of chance, though I would never have done what he did. Really bad luck, marazona1.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1: When we get Aces and 14 BBs to start a hand we are just hoping like hell someone opens in front of us so we can rejam which is what I would do off of 14BBs if someone opened in front of me. I wouldn't get cute and go smaller than all in or just call. In this case where we have a limper and then an overcaller I think you can do either with 14 BBs (jam all in or raise to 4x as you did) but I much prefer jamming. I dont think we would ever play this way or should play this way with a hand like AK or 1010 so if I am jamming those hands then I want to jam AA as well. That balance may not matter in a freeroll but it will when you get higher up or such as in CC freerolls where you play the same people all the time.

As played, you have to bet here on the flop and any sizing commits you imo so I think its fine to overbet jam as you did. Crazy bad call by opponent (which is what we want) and they unfortunately got there.

Hand 2: you are not in the hand from what I can see so I will just rally off my thoughts. I dont advocate open limping and especially not early position with hands like K10 off. Obvious check by BB when it comes to them with their holding.

Flop: No reason to bet pot here although in this specific scenario going against another Kx it works unless that Kx is two pair but against much of the holdings arum would face its a bad sizing. BB calls with 2 pair which is an interesting decision to raise or not here. If I were in the hand I would not think arum has two clubs as why would they bet that much. So I would think its something they are protecting and outside of a set which I block two, I would think Im ahead with little to worry about draw outs so I would just call as well.

Turn: two pair should check to aggressor as they do. arum bets pot again which is really bad imo after being called on flop so this is where I would jam over if I was gooo as arum has committed themselves enough to call and would not triple (I would think anyway) unless they had something and that something is enough to call the jam raise right now. Gooo does just that and gets a bad call and gets sucked out on. Imho, gooo played the hand well and got unlucky while arum played every street there was a decision incorrectly and gets to walk away with all the chips.

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
Hand 1: When we get Aces and 14 BBs to start a hand we are just hoping like hell someone opens in front of us so we can rejam which is what I would do off of 14BBs if someone opened in front of me. I wouldn't get cute and go smaller than all in or just call. In this case where we have a limper and then an overcaller I think you can do either with 14 BBs (jam all in or raise to 4x as you did) but I much prefer jamming. I dont think we would ever play this way or should play this way with a hand like AK or 1010 so if I am jamming those hands then I want to jam AA as well. That balance may not matter in a freeroll but it will when you get higher up or such as in CC freerolls where you play the same people all the time.

As played, you have to bet here on the flop and any sizing commits you imo so I think its fine to overbet jam as you did. Crazy bad call by opponent (which is what we want) and they unfortunately got there.

Hand 2: you are not in the hand from what I can see so I will just rally off my thoughts. I dont advocate open limping and especially not early position with hands like K10 off. Obvious check by BB when it comes to them with their holding.

Flop: No reason to bet pot here although in this specific scenario going against another Kx it works unless that Kx is two pair but against much of the holdings arum would face its a bad sizing. BB calls with 2 pair which is an interesting decision to raise or not here. If I were in the hand I would not think arum has two clubs as why would they bet that much. So I would think its something they are protecting and outside of a set which I block two, I would think Im ahead with little to worry about draw outs so I would just call as well.

Turn: two pair should check to aggressor as they do. arum bets pot again which is really bad imo after being called on flop so this is where I would jam over if I was gooo as arum has committed themselves enough to call and would not triple (I would think anyway) unless they had something and that something is enough to call the jam raise right now. Gooo does just that and gets a bad call and gets sucked out on. Imho, gooo played the hand well and got unlucky while arum played every street there was a decision incorrectly and gets to walk away with all the chips.
Remember, he is the same guy who busted me out with T7, he got what was coming to him because of his bad plays.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Remember, he is the same guy who busted me out with T7, he got what was coming to him because of his bad plays.

Huh?
"got what was coming to him". How does this relate to 'hand analysis'?

My analysis of these two hands is:
Couple of bad beats. Why are you even posting them?

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
Huh?
"got what was coming to him". How does this relate to 'hand analysis'?

My analysis of these two hands is:
Couple of bad beats. Why are you even posting them?
I am sharing the hands so that you review them, where did the i go wrong, and how should the villain should have played.

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
You're in the push phase here. Additionally, bigstack plays limp in position, you play out of position and on the flop you will still be tied to the pot. For me here is too narrow for this move and I prefer to play allin preflop. However, your move also makes sense because you want to get players into your game and you don't want them to fold. In the push phase with when a big stack is in the possition and he play limp and my stack is in the push phaze, I prefer here allin preflop.

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
You're in the push phase here. Additionally, bigstack plays limp in position, you play out of position and on the flop you will still be tied to the pot. For me here is too narrow for this move and I prefer to play allin preflop. However, your move also makes sense because you want to get players into your game and you don't want them to fold. In the push phase with when a big stack is in the possition and he play limp and my stack is in the push phaze, I prefer here allin preflop.
Yes thats true, i really didnt to push him out of this hand, thats why i chose to raise

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The hand review you have is pretty much covering it. You can't do much differently here. Perhaps he doesn't call an all in shove or perhaps he does. Sometimes we are just destined to lose a hand.

After reading further comments however. Here is my review of how you can improve at poker.

1) Don't take bad beats so personally. Here it seems you actually wanted people to say how bad villain played, rather than explain what you could do differently. I mean you actually went to the trouble of watching and hoping he busts later in the game then posting it. He did nothing wrong in the 2nd hand, he was just unlucky here.

2) Read about entitlement tilt and how to combat it. In fact tilt in general.

3) Find some actually difficult spots, hands where you didn't really know what to do, and post these as hand analysis. Then you can actually learn something new. This hand was fairly basic, and I don't think the real reason for posting was to get analysis on your play.

Not trying to have a go at you here. Just some genuine thoughts on how you can improve based on what has been posted! :)

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
The hand review you have is pretty much covering it. You can't do much differently here. Perhaps he doesn't call an all in shove or perhaps he does. Sometimes we are just destined to lose a hand.

After reading further comments however. Here is my review of how you can improve at poker.

1) Don't take bad beats so personally. Here it seems you actually wanted people to say how bad villain played, rather than explain what you could do differently. I mean you actually went to the trouble of watching and hoping he busts later in the game then posting it. He did nothing wrong in the 2nd hand, he was just unlucky here.

2) Read about entitlement tilt and how to combat it. In fact tilt in general.

3) Find some actually difficult spots, hands where you didn't really know what to do, and post these as hand analysis. Then you can actually learn something new. This hand was fairly basic, and I don't think the real reason for posting was to get analysis on your play.

Not trying to have a go at you here. Just some genuine thoughts on how you can improve based on what has been posted! :)
Yes you are right. i posted this hand as a result of tilt

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes you are right. i posted this hand as a result of tilt
Well, the good news is that you've def learned something!!

Learning to improve in the mental side of poker is just as important as all the rest of the game!

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
This is just a bad beat it happens I don’t see any problems with how you played it.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands