Currency
$

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre: I would just jam pre over a 17 BB stack that open limps while we are on a 21 BB stack with AK suited. If we were deeper then we could raise 4x or 3.5x but this shallow I would just jam as we really would not want to play multi way anyway. In this case its a player who had AA and open limper to raise jam. Thats fine and it happens, make a note on the villain so you know in the future their limps can lead to this scenario especially when more shallow. You didnt do anything wrong in this hand imo other than just jamming over the limper to begin with. AK suited Vs AA is just an is what it is type hand that we all deal with from time to time.

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
Pre: I would just jam pre over a 17 BB stack that open limps while we are on a 21 BB stack with AK suited. If we were deeper then we could raise 4x or 3.5x but this shallow I would just jam as we really would not want to play multi way anyway. In this case its a player who had AA and open limper to raise jam. Thats fine and it happens, make a note on the villain so you know in the future their limps can lead to this scenario especially when more shallow. You didnt do anything wrong in this hand imo other than just jamming over the limper to begin with. AK suited Vs AA is just an is what it is type hand that we all deal with from time to time.
What is the type of player a villian is?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Some players have the ability to do certain things, like limp-jam big hands to trap you. If you make a note of this, you can play more carefully in situations where you have position over them.

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
Some players have the ability to do certain things, like limp-jam big hands to trap you. If you make a note of this, you can play more carefully in situations where you have position over them.
ok next time if he limps and jams to my raise, i should fold all my premium hands except AA?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
ok next time if he limps and jams to my raise, i should fold all my premium hands except AA?
No, you would be more likely to call instead of raising in the first place. Let him limp his premiums into the big community pot.

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
@puzzlefish yeah you are right, there are a number of players like that here on cc, but that is a poor play, most of the times you will be outdrawn

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
@puzzlefish yeah you are right, there are a number of players like that here on cc, but that is a poor play, most of the times you will be outdrawn
That's ok with me. It is a very small subset of the playerbase. And I don't mind eliminating them when I hit big or have someone else do it in that hand.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I meant it more to notate on the villain that you saw them do this off this stack size, position, etc. Then the next time you see them limp jam, pay close attention if you get to see what they had. If villain limp jams with a non premium hand the 2nd time you see them do this then you would notate it and start working off a theory that that they limp jam maybe somewhat often and can be polarized. If the 2nd time they limp jam they have AA or KK then you notate that as well and can work off the theory that this player then likes to limp jam with their big hands.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
It's slowplay which isn't necessarily poor play :)
Ok but limp and then jam is a little weird...
But you're right that most of the time slowplay backfires.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands