Table Format
MTT
Freeroll
  1. Freeroll
Currency
$
BB stats after 24 hands: VPIP 38 PFR 29 3-bet 0 Flop C-bet 67 Turn C-bet 100
UTG stats after 48 hands: VPIP 23 PFR 17 and 3-bet 5

Do you guys think that here on the $Bubble is my fold to tight? There is one more player to bust before everyone else enters the money. ($1.50 for the 54th place)

pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - 100/200 - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: 10,855 (54 bb)
UTG+1: 8,686 (43 bb)
MP: 9,117 (46 bb)
MP+1: 4,625 (23 bb)
LP: 8,083 (40 bb)
CO: 1,765 (9 bb)
BU: 8,001 (40 bb)
SB (Hero): 4,640 (23 bb)
BB: 8,018 (40 bb)

Pre-Flop: (300) Hero is SB with A Q
UTG raises to 400, UTG+1 calls 400, 5 players fold, Hero calls 300, BB 3-bets to 2,000, UTG calls 1,600, 1 fold, SB (Hero) folds

Flop: (4,800) 6 A 5 (2 players)
BB bets 2,400, UTG folds

Total pot: 4,800
BB wins 4,800

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, thats a very solid fold given the positions of the players involved and magnified by the fact, its right on the bubble. Its extremely likely, at least one of them have AK or QQ-AA, and its also a real possibility, you will be against someone with AK and someone with QQ+, in which case you are essentially drawing dead. So this is a situation, where yeah ok AQ is a fairly strong hand, but against what their ranges realistically looks like, AQ dont actually perform much better than A2 or A5. If you really wanted to gamble it up here, it would be better to call with a hand like 44 or 65s, because then at least you are almost 100% sure to have live outs to spike some kind of hand, that can crack an overpair.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think a fold of a non-made hand, pre-flop, after that betting process, well, it's entirely fine.
You have to be thinking at least one of those hands holds a premium and the other, if not premium, is a made hand of pocket-pairs.
Looking at the flop, I'd be uncomfortable with just top pair, high-kicker, checking to someone who has clearly woken up.
So many ways to lose with that board. You're just as well to have not been in it.

AQo is a nice premium starting hand. But too many people equate it to AK and it just isn't the same thing. AA,KK,QQ,AK are all dominating AQ. Any pocket pair is racing.

Do you really want a race, when on the bubble, and being one of the lower stacks on your table?
(Answer: no.)

Early game, when I can just buy back in? I might four-bet back at him pre-flop.
Even after the bubble, I might test how loose this guy really is...again though, it's gonna start pre-flop...not being passive.

At the end of the day, you can win with the best hand or win with the biggest bet.
Passive play can only win with the best hand.

You're essentially asking if you should have passively called this guy off. To that question, the answer is no.
Raise or fold.
In this case and timing...FOLD.

Cheers,
JT