• We would love to hear your thoughts! Click here to take a short survey on your CardsChat experience: Rate Your CardsChat Experience

Forum members receive 10 VIP Chips for participating (follow instructions on form).

$ NL HE MTT:

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Freeroll
  1. Freeroll
Currency
$
pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - 15/30 (3 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

ratbat615 (UTG): 2,023 (67 bb)
flamengo6886 (UTG+1): 2,544 (85 bb)

dallenoie983 (MP): 2,316 (77 bb)
ariel891210 (MP+1): 2,066 (69 bb)
Gotmog1 (LP): 2,000 (67 bb)
nataSSSkola (CO): 1,218 (41 bb)
salta690 (BU): 1,926 (64 bb)
De_august (SB): 2,023 (67 bb)
striker0204 (BB): 3,836 (128 bb)

Pre-Flop: (72) Hero (ratbat615) is UTG with K J
ratbat615 (UTG) calls 30, flamengo6886 (UTG+1) calls 30, dallenoie983 (MP) calls 30, 5 players fold, striker0204 (BB) checks

Flop: (162) 9 2 Q (4 players)
striker0204 (BB) checks, ratbat615 (UTG) checks, flamengo6886 (UTG+1) checks, dallenoie983 (MP) checks

Turn: (162) T (4 players)
striker0204 (BB) checks, ratbat615 (UTG) bets 81, flamengo6886 (UTG+1) raises to 162, 2 players fold, ratbat615 (UTG) calls 81

River:
(486) 3 (2 players)
ratbat615 (UTG) checks, flamengo6886 (UTG+1) checks

Total pot: 486

Showdown:
flamengo6886 (UTG+1) mucks 2 2 (three of a kind, Twos)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 51%, Flop: 65%, Turn: 23%, River: 0%)

ratbat615 (UTG) shows K J (a straight, Nine to King)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 49%, Flop: 35%, Turn: 77%, River: 100%)

ratbat615 (UTG) wins 486
I pick up ⬆️ kJ o utg
Pre flop: I think 🤔 this is were I should have raised.cause I allowed too many people to enter the pot .
Flop: the flop comes all heart ♥️ with the 9 and Q Which gives me a gut shot .so the bb checks I check both the utg+1 and mp checks maybe 🤔 I should have bet for information ℹ️ .?
Turn: Tod I have the nut 🌰 straight but I am still A little Wary 😒 of the flush .but if someone flopped a flush on the flop I think 🤔 they would play it the same way??? Anyway the bb checks and I bet about half pot and right away the utg+1 min raise mp folds and the bb folds I call .maybe I raise for information ℹ️ and if he moves in what do I do would a Aoh move in on a draw ✍️?
River: 3oc I check and the villain 🦹‍♀️ checks.
Question: did I leave any value out there and what do you think 💭 the villain 🦹‍♀️ had ? I think 🤔 the villain 🦹‍♂️ had the Aoh. Thank you for your comment.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I just looked at the reply the villain 🦹‍♀️ had a set omg 😱. So why didn’t bet when I checked the river. ?? All my actions were passive.guys did I play this hand 🤚 the right way???

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
UTG on a 9-handed table its usually best to just fold KJo. If you want to play the hand, thats not a huge mistake, but you should never limp.

Flop
Checking is fine. You have a bad draw in a multiway pot, and thats not a good time to get aggressive.

Turn
If someone flopped a flush, they would likely have bet it by now, so your straight is very likely the best hand, and its time to start betting for value. Now though you get min-raised, which is strange and also a bit concerning, so I would also just call.

River
He raised you on the turn, so checking to him with intention to call another bet is the standard play. You want to give him the chance to continue bluffing, and you also want to protect your stack, if he did in fact flop a flush and play it in this weird way.

Results
Pretty weird line by the opponent, but this is a freeroll, so you are going to see a lot of button-clicking.

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would look at books that show hand groupings to play from what position. KJ is a weak hand to play in 1st position at a full table, but if you are gonna play it you should have raised (not too large).

With multiple players in the pot and a wet board there is no reason to bet the flop. However, against one player you might make a C-bet - like 35% of pot ( you have a gutshot and flush draw. You opponent may lay down a lot of weak hands, especially if he has no hearts.

On the turn you made you hand and you want to bet. You are definitely calling the mini raise and not coming over the top.

Very strange for him to check the river after check-raising the turn. You likely have the best hand, but there may not be a lot of weaker hands that will pay you, and he could still have the flush so you want to check it right behind him.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very strange for him to check the river after check-raising the turn. You likely have the best hand, but there may not be a lot of weaker hands that will pay you, and he could still have the flush so you want to check it right behind him.
Hero was out of position. But if it had been BB, who was the opponent, and he checked to us on the river, I would put out a small bet for value. I dont think, a flush is likely to check flop in a limped pot, check-raise turn and then check again on in river. And if he is tricky enough to go for a dubble check-raise, then we are most likely beat, and we can just fold.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Preflop
UTG on a 9-handed table its usually best to just fold KJo. If you want to play the hand, thats not a huge mistake, but you should never limp.

Flop
Checking is fine. You have a bad draw in a multiway pot, and thats not a good time to get aggressive.

Turn
If someone flopped a flush, they would likely have bet it by now, so your straight is very likely the best hand, and its time to start betting for value. Now though you get min-raised, which is strange and also a bit concerning, so I would also just call.

River
He raised you on the turn, so checking to him with intention to call another bet is the standard play. You want to give him the chance to continue bluffing, and you also want to protect your stack, if he did in fact flop a flush and play it in this weird way.

Results
Pretty weird line by the opponent, but this is a freeroll, so you are going to see a lot of button-clicking.
Thank you 🙏.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I would look at books that show hand groupings to play from what position. KJ is a weak hand to play in 1st position at a full table, but if you are gonna play it you should have raised (not too large).

With multiple players in the pot and a wet board there is no reason to bet the flop. However, against one player you might make a C-bet - like 35% of pot ( you have a gutshot and flush draw. You opponent may lay down a lot of weak hands, especially if he has no hearts.

On the turn you made you hand and you want to bet. You are definitely calling the mini raise and not coming over the top.

So I played ok 👌 .