• Thread starter PoochMasterFlex
  • Start date
P

PoochMasterFlex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:mad: For the past three times i have played pocket aces, i have lost with a flush, and the other two times i have lost to straights. Anyone else have problems with pocket aces?

C

chronicdog

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont be afraid to raise big before the flop and only win the blinds..... you only want 1 or 2 people in the pot at most.

P

PoochMasterFlex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i went all in the first two times, and then the third time i bet 4 times the blind

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, AAs lose all the time....can't do anything about it. You have to play them & you have to except the bad beat when it comes cause it will come. They are most feared in tourneys or sngs because of the fact that you can be knocked out w/ the best hand possible preflop, but in ring games don't be so fearful when you get them.

B

broncos53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beats will always happen it is how you make it through them that matters what hands did the other players have where they marginal...ok ...above average or like 4-3?

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've been there. I lost 5 out of 6 at one point. My kings were getting creamed during the same period. It got to the point where I would just push every time I got them and expected to lose.
This lasted about a month but once I got back to playing them "normally", things started to even out. Lately I'm guessing I've only lost once in the last 15 or 20 times I've had AA.
I'm not saying you should push every time, just that it should turn around and you may even have a run where they win almost every time.

alexanderwoo1

alexanderwoo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise big preflop and that will make the real hands play against the AA and your AA will hold up.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold pre-flop.

Or if you must play them ;), play them strong early in the hand (they decrease in value in later betting rounds) and don't forget you have just one pair! I doubt these guys are flopping straights on you all the time. Make sure they pay to draw, an although you'll lose some of the time, the times you do win will more than make up for it.