need help playing jj

I

imlosinit4u

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lose with this hand a lot late in a tourney to hands like ak and aq.Last time i was on button with and guy in 1st position raises 3.5 times bb.So i push all in and get busted.If i just call with them i do not know how to play flop if over cards come out. any suggestions?

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lose with this hand a lot late in a tourney to hands like ak and aq.Last time i was on button with and guy in 1st position raises 3.5 times bb.So i push all in and get busted.If i just call with them i do not know how to play flop if over cards come out. any suggestions?

yea tons of suggestions, same ones every post like this gets.

chip counts
blinds
position
players left

ummm missing anything?

poker is a situational game, without the details how can you begin to think we can help you play a hand? :confused:

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A quick answer to your question is this.
Don't push with JJ when faced with a raise, call to see a flop and fold to any bets when there are overs on the board unless your first to act, if your first to act, make a bet around 1/4-1/3 pot and fold if opponent comes over the top.
To get a more accurate answer, you'll have to include the info on storms list as the answer I gave you is from my past experiences playing JJ.