MTT hand - What does the check raise mean?

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$33 MTT I have 7 hands on villain. He has limped once. I've only played one hand he's seen and won without showdown, nothing dramatic.

I thought about this a long time. Whaddayareckon??

***** Hand History for Game 5680866589 *****
NL Texas Hold'em Trny: 31794726 Level: 2 Blinds(30/60) - Friday, February 16, 14:21:45 ET 2007
Table Regular (916046) Table #20 (real money)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: MPieroni ( 3340 )
Seat 2: kimio111 ( 2040 )
Seat 4: Irexes ( 2890 )
Seat 5: Baui7777 ( 2930 )
Seat 6: KrePysh ( 2980 )
Seat 7: haalu ( 2990 )
Seat 8: AFerraroITL ( 3210 )
Seat 9: JustLocal ( 4750 )
Seat 10: Sissoko23 ( 4870 )
Seat 3: CKO1982 ( 3120 )
Trny: 31794726 Level: 2
Blinds(30/60)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Irexes [Qc] [Ks]
haalu calls [60]
AFerraroITL folds
JustLocal folds
Sissoko23 folds
MPieroni folds
kimio111 calls [60]
CKO1982 calls [60]
Irexes raises [190]
Baui7777 calls [160]
KrePysh folds
haalu folds
kimio111 calls [130]
CKO1982 calls [130]
** Dealing Flop ** [2h], [Jd], [Kh]
Baui7777 checks
kimio111 checks
CKO1982 checks
Irexes bets [400]
Baui7777 folds
kimio111 folds
CKO1982 raises [1020]
Your time bank will be activated in 5 secs. If you do not want it to be used, please act now.
Irexes will be using his time bank for this hand.
Irexes folds
CKO1982 does not show cards.
CKO1982 wins 2300 chips

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
22? KJ? flush draw semi-bluff? Maybe QTh? Stone cold bluff?

Not really sure since that level is pretty much completely different from what I play. A check-raise from anything less than a maniac is always a glaringly obvious 2 pair and better - occasionally TPTK. Occasionally it could also be a semibluff like with a flush draw here, but usually it's just a really obvious way of saying "I have a monster".

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's the exact range I put him on Chuck. With KJ and 22 being more likely than the semi-bluffs. KJ as favourite I think.

hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont know if I would have raised with KQ off-suit preflop in that situation, but anyways, KJ looks real good here. The guy didn't initially raise preflop, just limped, and called your raise. Like you said, you don't know if he's a solid, tight player or a little loose enough to call KJ, but most people are. Its either KJ or 22 or a little less likely AK, but all three have you dominated, so folding looks to be your only option.

D

Dingodaddy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think this is a fold, theres a good chance he's doing this with a draw, but it's one of those situations we're you're either barely ahead or crushed. i don't think you go on without some kinda sick reads on villian

I move chips

I move chips

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would of put him on a lower pp trying to push you of your jack as if he did put you on that it worked. Mabye next time slow down ur betting let him bet it out, then check raise becasue theres just to much draws on the table, flush draw and if he had Q,t or any two hearts he had a couple of good outs to beat your hand, also im guessing he was semi-bluffing to a flush draw, alot of players these days will do anything to win, by also semi-bluffing makes a pretty nice size pot for his sucidie mission . If he doesn't hit hes fckd but i would of liked to seen you re-push all in...next time mabye think a little bit longer and what he could or not have...

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you not think the draws make it more important to bet in order not give the free card?

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would of put him on a lower pp trying to push you of your jack as if he did put you on that it worked. Mabye next time slow down ur betting let him bet it out, then check raise becasue theres just to much draws on the table, flush draw and if he had Q,t or any two hearts he had a couple of good outs to beat your hand, also im guessing he was semi-bluffing to a flush draw, alot of players these days will do anything to win, by also semi-bluffing makes a pretty nice size pot for his sucidie mission . If he doesn't hit hes fckd but i would of liked to seen you re-push all in...next time mabye think a little bit longer and what he could or not have...

yea right push all in, no way. what are you gaining by this move? do you think he will fold after he bets into it. Look at the villains re-raise he was obviously going all the way with this. If he has QhTh then the KQ is actually a dog in the hand.

the bet was fine to see where you stand, I actually don't think it was 22 was most likely KJ or pair with flush draw, either way I think you can wait for better spot. AhJh is also a strong possibility, I would make this play with AhJh and gladly call your push.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands