kiddingstars: bets 1075
Hero: calls 1075
tuborg123456: folds
*** RIVER *** [9s 5d Qh Jd] <font color='red'>5♥</font>
kiddingstars: bets 2957
Hero: raises 3343 to 6300
kiddingstars: calls 3343
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Hero: shows [9d 9h] (a full house, Nines full of Fives)
kiddingstars: shows [Jh Js] (a full house, Jacks full of Fives)
kiddingstars collected 15803 from side pot
kiddingstars collected 1266 from main pot
München2012 finished the tournament in 208th place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 17069 Main pot 1266. Side pot 15803. | Rake 0
Board [9s 5d Qh Jd 5h]
Seat 1: kiddingstars showed [Jh Js] and won (17069) with a full house, Jacks full of Fives

Need some insight on how I played this hand. Basically I thought he had some big Ace-type of hand like an AJ or AK. Should I not raise the river in the following situation considering he couldn't be calling with either of those hands, or do I go raise raise raise, hope he makes a mistake and everything else is a cooler?

JohnCPoker17

JohnCPoker17

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really nothing wrong with what you did there. The hands you're getting value off of is AA,KK,AQ,K10,108,X5... With most of those hands in his range, (minus a few X5's). The # of combos is way in your favour vs. the minimal amounts of combos you're beat by. All in all, good playing.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm confused how Preflop they raised "351 to 600"???

I'm guessing the blinds were 75/150? If so then depending on the villains style there could be reason to fold pre especially if they are a rock who hasn't played a hand in a long time. As played I probably would have fired flop to get some early value out if the possible straight draws, on the turn I would have checked for some pot control and to see a free river card in case I need to catch up vs a turned straight and on the river I'm getting it all in.

You just got coolered, unlucky . Maybe tomorrow you'll be the one with the JJ in that spot

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you put the preflop stacks in? It looks like you were pretty shallow and you really shouldn't be set mining in this spot. I'd be happy to get it in pre assuming the opener wasn't an absolute nit. Flop you can bet small as noted above, the rest is just a cooler, if you don't raise river you're losing tons of value.
Just a note, you should post this in the Tournament hand discussion forum in future which can be found here: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-hand-analysis-51/

X

xxMorpheusxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard to tell without stack sizes, as said above I like jamming here instead of set mining if we're short.

Assuming we're deep. I like to bet at least 10% effective stacks on flop. Then we can 1/2 pot it on the turn and jam river and it looks really natural. I really don't like that turn card. When I see it it makes me want to make a decent sized bet.

1. To charge draws
2. To make players OOP want to check to us in order to not get involved in a bloated pot.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like checking the flop. with 3 players in the pot you gotta bet something like 40-50% of the pot and just hope somebody has something.

the rest of the hand is just a cooler. of course you have to raise the river. the only hands that beat you are quad 5s, pocket queens and pocket jacks. if you live in fear of those types of coolers you'll lose a lot of value in the long run.

also, I agree with whoever said that if you are short stacked (like under 25-30bb) you should actually just jam this preflop. hard to say without stack sizes.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands