MTT #2

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After making it past the 1st break, again playing my game. I become short stacked, pretty good.. Blinds are now 500/1000 and I make it out of 70 players down to the final 18. Short stacked and now I am moved from that 1st table to one of the final 2 tables. No problem I am thinking, wait as patiently as I can for something decent and hopefully double and/or triple up. That did happen.. 2800 left in chips, SB and I have K(diamonds), 9(spades). I quadrupled up with a nut flush...

LOL that isn't the hand by the way. I just went from basically a passive table to an aggresive table. Here comes the scenario, and I think I played it well enough. Now without again being results orientated. EP limps, MP limps, rest fold except cutoff who makes 4X BB Raise. I am on the button with A,Q clubs, I called. SB who is chip leader at the table calls as well, BB also calls, EP also calls. I am now like WTF is going on here, not everyone can have these great of hands. Well MP re-raises the same amount of the raise making himself go all in, yes things are now becoming difficult here. Well a long thought process goes to the CO man who folds his hand. Leaves me with the decision, I put him on a small pair 44's-55's-66's or even 77's. I folded the hand, well SB calls and BB folds. It actually becomes a race, which I scratched my head on because of the SB calling.

A,Q off suit for the re-raiser vs the J.3 suited of the SB. The re-raise won, yet neither hit a pair.

I did like my fold because I didn't over value it because of the action I was facing, yet something makes me think should I have pushed my whole stack 1st after the inital raise or was calling just wrong?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
something makes me think should I have pushed my whole stack 1st after the inital raise or was calling just wrong?

You've said it yourself really.

Again, stack sizes would be useful here, but after quadrupling up I'm thinking you can't have any more than 12000. With blinds at 500/1000, that gives you an M < 10. If I were sitting on the button with AQ, it'd be a pretty easy shove.

The problem with the flat call is that it's encouraging action from all the limpers - they're all getting a really good price to call now. And the last thing you want is to be facing a big multi-way pot.

Cheetah

Cheetah

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't limp with such small stack. You are wasting your chips. You either end-up foldinbg to a re-raise, as it happened, or you don't hit the flop 2/3 of the time and have to fold, or you hit the flop, but someone hits it even better and you lose anyway.

You fold or move all-in. The all-in get's you folding equity and dead money from the limpers who fold.