andosalado

andosalado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice flop against 2 donkeys

*********** # 5 **************
pokerstars Game #21023243907: Tournament #112878572, $0.10+$0.00 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2008/10/08 7:42:24 ET
Table '112878572 17' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: das6687 (2850 in chips)
Seat 2: yigido 1977 (1340 in chips)
Seat 3: Shark1966 (1470 in chips)
Seat 4: andosalado (1450 in chips)
Seat 5: Butcher Ogre (1490 in chips)
Seat 6: ieneke (1480 in chips)
Seat 7: KAIZA82 (3450 in chips)
Seat 8: shadetree12 (1340 in chips)
Seat 9: karinsk (100 in chips)
ieneke: posts small blind 10
KAIZA82: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to andosalado [2d Ad]
shadetree12: calls 20
karinsk: raises 80 to 100 and is all-in
das6687: calls 100
yigido 1977: folds
Shark1966: folds
andosalado: calls 100
Butcher Ogre: folds
ieneke: folds
KAIZA82: calls 80
shadetree12: calls 80
*** FLOP *** [Jd 2s 2c]
KAIZA82: checks
shadetree12: checks
das6687: bets 280
andosalado: calls 280
KAIZA82: calls 280
shadetree12: folds
*** TURN *** [Jd 2s 2c] [Jc]
KAIZA82: bets 340:)
das6687: folds
andosalado: raises 730 to 1070 and is all-in
KAIZA82: calls 730
*** RIVER *** [Jd 2s 2c Jc] [Qd]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
KAIZA82: shows [Ah 3h] (two pair, Jacks and Deuces)
andosalado: shows [2d Ad] (a full house, Deuces full of Jacks)
andosalado collected 2980 from side pot:D :D :D
karinsk: shows [As Kh] (two pair, Jacks and Deuces)
andosalado collected 510 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3490 Main pot 510. Side pot 2980. | Rake 0
Board [Jd 2s 2c Jc Qd]
Seat 1: das6687 folded on the Turn
Seat 2: yigido 1977 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: Shark1966 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: andosalado showed [2d Ad] and won (3490) with a full house, Deuces full of Jacks
Seat 5: Butcher Ogre (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: ieneke (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 7: KAIZA82 (big blind) showed [Ah 3h] and lost with two pair, Jacks and Deuces
Seat 8: shadetree12 folded on the Flop
Seat 9: karinsk showed [As Kh] and lost with two pair, Jacks and Deuces

What do you think?

ChasersWanted

ChasersWanted

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't know about donkeys, cuz pre-flop AK A3 were the better hands. I would imagine KAIZA called you hoping to win or chop the pot. (2 pr with A kicker) might not be the best play for him but i don't think he's a donk. As for karinsk it's obvious why he went all-in. Just so happens you had a 2, Nice Flop!!!

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 donkeys? Where? You hit a nice flop, thats all. If the twos didn't hit you lose.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No offense but i think your play in this hand is just as bad as the vilians.
1) You call prf a 5BB raise with A2,this should be a insta muck.
2) You push all-in on the turn when the only hand that whould normaly call is a J witch your drawing to a one out against.

You could lucky with the flop and lucky 2 people called you with out a J.
All in all this hand will lose you alot of money in the long run

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played the hand terribly.

-Called 5x BB shove with A2s with 4 players to act behind you, this is an insta-muck right here. So, what is the thinking behind A2? "OMG! I have an Ace!"? Maybe "OMG! I have an ACE and its SOOTED!"?

You're hardly ever a huge favorite at this point. You're only a 30% fav. preflop vs a pair or A8-AK. You're also a 30% fav. vs A7-A5, but with a higher chance to split. A4-A2 is just a split most of the time. Only 60% fav. vs random hands. The only hand you really a huge favorite against is 2/x.

-You call a flop bet on a board of J22. Ever consider what your opponent is betting with? A jack perhaps? Not only that, but you got another player calling as well.

-The turn is a J. The same player bets the turn and you shove all-in on a a board showing J22J. Again, ever consider what your opponent is holding at this point? Or did you just think "OMG! A BOAT!"?

Granted, you won the hand. Congrats, you got lucky with the flop, no one had a jack, and someone was making a play with A high. However, I don't think you're in any position to be calling anyone a donk if this is your making mistakes like these that'll cost you so much in the long run.

S

scragbag

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Were you looking into a mirror when you said there was a donkey involved in the hand? How can you even brag about this and what do you actually want analysing? You're shocking shove on the turn?

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played the hand terribly.

-Called 5x BB shove with A2s with 4 players to act behind you, this is an insta-muck right here. So, what is the thinking behind A2? "OMG! I have an Ace!"? Maybe "OMG! I have an ACE and its SOOTED!"?

You're hardly ever a huge favorite at this point. You're only a 30% fav. preflop vs a pair or A8-AK. You're also a 30% fav. vs A7-A5, but with a higher chance to split. A4-A2 is just a split most of the time. Only 60% fav. vs random hands. The only hand you really a huge favorite against is 2/x.

-You call a flop bet on a board of J22. Ever consider what your opponent is betting with? A jack perhaps? Not only that, but you got another player calling as well.

-The turn is a J. The same player bets the turn and you shove all-in on a a board showing J22J. Again, ever consider what your opponent is holding at this point? Or did you just think "OMG! A BOAT!"?

Granted, you won the hand. Congrats, you got lucky with the flop, no one had a jack, and someone was making a play with A high. However, I don't think you're in any position to be calling anyone a donk if this is your making mistakes like these that'll cost you so much in the long run.

couldnt agree more... the turn basically kills your hand

W

witl69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nothign new jst another case of being out drawn happens to us all more times then we probably care t o remember but hey better luck next time is all i can say

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nothign new jst another case of being out drawn happens to us all more times then we probably care t o remember but hey better luck next time is all i can say
Read much?

pitter22

pitter22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL ^^^^ :D

:withstupi

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After that 50th post reading becomes optional ;)

andosalado

andosalado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey!! don't be so mean with me, i was just a little exited because i finished 3rd in the tournament and won $4 with only 0.10 buy in.

I know i played the hand very badly, and that's why i called this thread "lucky flop" i didn't called "great play" or something like that. Maybe i was a little hard with my oponents (the donkey stuff) but anyway who calls a reraise on the turn with nothing but an ace high?

I played wrong preflop, i give that, but i was lucky enough to have someone in front of me who played even worst. Don't you think?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey!! don't be so mean with me, i was just a little exited because i finished 3rd in the tournament and won $4 with only 0.10 buy in.
...No on is being mean. We're just trying to help you see the errors in your play. Thats a very nice finish and a great ROI, so congrats.

I know i played the hand very badly, and that's why i called this thread "lucky flop" i didn't called "great play" or something like that.
...Lucky flop yes, but I think we're getting more on you about your preflop and turn play, not the flop.

Maybe i was a little hard with my opponents (the donkey stuff) but anyway who calls a reraise on the turn with nothing but an ace high?
...Well, I dont know why he did. He was pretty much committed at that point, getting better than 3:1 his money if he figured it was a split, or maybe cuz its just a .10 game. However, the analysis isn't on your opponents play, its on yours so what your opponent did is pretty much overlooked. It was pretty lucky he just had an A high, any J and you would've been looking pretty foolish.

I played wrong preflop, i give that, but i was lucky enough to have someone in front of me who played even worst. Don't you think?
...You should have preflop, your flop play was ok, and I didn't like the turn shove. So, yeah...it wasn't the best play I've seen, but we've all done it.

And yes, you were lucky to have someone double you up with A high, but thats not going to happen all the time. You're both made mistakes, so its not like you are much better than the other.
Above.

RickH2005

RickH2005

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are the type of hands that take me out when I'm playing a TAG game, betting the way I'm supposed to, and doing everything correctly---BLIND LUCK! I'd a dumped that A-2s in a heartbeat---'cuz I'm never lucky enough to catch like that---Congrats onna cash, tho---sumtimes winning thos .10 tournys take that kinda luck!:eek:

andosalado

andosalado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are the type of hands that take me out when I'm playing a TAG game, betting the way I'm supposed to, and doing everything correctly---BLIND LUCK! I'd a dumped that A-2s in a heartbeat---'cuz I'm never lucky enough to catch like that---Congrats onna cash, tho---sumtimes winning thos .10 tournys take that kinda luck!:eek:
Of course you have to be lucky to win one of those tourneys, everybody is playing mad, so you have to sometimes do what i did: make a wrong call and wait to be lucky, and in this hand i was.
If your playing for a big buy in or in cash tables is a different thing, but in this sitngos sometime i like to go a little crazy myself.

If you want i can post more hands of this tournament so you can post my errors and my good decisions in the later stages.

GordonStr222

GordonStr222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats funny that you mentioned that hand.... i had a similar situation today with a donkey on pokerstars calls me for 20,000 grand with k2 and hits 2s on the flop for trips cracking my queens.......... very funny shit............