Live Tournament: Great Result

Black_Fox

Black_Fox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, they hold this tournament down at my local Club. $40 buy in, 15,000 chips to start with and blinds going up every 15 minutes.

26 players entered.

For the first hour and half, I didn't see that much in the way of 'great' cards, I resorted to stealing blinds for about 70% of the tournament when they were big enough. I won a decent pot with KTs, hitting my 2 pair on the river to crack someone's KQ.

I got down to the final 10, and once the next person was eliminated. It was final table time - down to 9.

1st prize was $400
2nd prize was $200
3rd prize was $140
4th prize was $100
5th prize was $80

I entered the final table with around 23,000 chips. I needed a double up, fairly fast - and with the blinds at 3000/6000. I wasn't waiting around.

First hand - A7o - All-in. No calls, I picked up 9000.

I waited a few hands and a player got knocked out when his KTs was called by someone with 84s lol. Spiking a 4 on the flop.

A few hands later, I looked down at AQ - I moved all in for my 32,000. I was called by a guy with K9.

I hit my Ace on the turn and doubled up. 64,000 at this point. I stole a few more pots with some positional raising and then lost quite a big one when my TT ran into the guy to my lefts AA. No help, I was down to 25,000. I won a few more blinds and was once again up to around 40,000.

I looked down at AK, just as my mate - who was also on the final table was moving all in for his 32,000.

I called. He showed KQs. K on the flop and A on the river sealed it.

A real tight player (who had played 4 hands in 4 hours) raised to my right, I quickly got out of the way with my KJs. He was raised all in by a guy across to me.

Tight player called and showed AQs. Other guy had AA. Tight player was gone.

We were down to 4 now, I was about joint 2nd in chips. I looked down to find AT. Before I could blink, the guy across from me (now to me immediate right) was all in. He had me covered by around 8000. I thought, and thought and thought. I'd seen him shove with A4 to AA. I decided if I wanted to win, I needed to call here. I called.

He showed 88 to my AT.

Flop was - 4 T 3

Turn - K

River - Q

I doubled up. Big time. I had around 125,000 at this point.

The guy who had I had just doubled up from then moved all in again. He was called by another guy. He showed Q9 to the shovers J2s. He made a straight with the J to keep himself in...not for long though.

He raised all in once again...only I was holding AK. I flat called. The guy to my left also called.

Flop was - 9 K 2

I checked. Other guy checked.

Turn - 2

I bet 22,000. The other guy thought for a while then folded.

All-inner showed A4. I knocked him out in 4th.

Next hand, shortstack moved all in for around 18,000. The BB was 14,000 and it was mine so I called with A7. He showed K7. No help for him and he was gone in 3rd.

Heads up now - first hand I had 87o in the SB - I let him have it.

Second hand, I looked down at A7o. He moved all in and I called quickly. He showed A9o.

Flop was - Ks Ts Js (I had the Ace of Spades).

Turn was - 9h

River was - 3s

I won it with the flush. And nearly a Royal, taking down first place for $400 and 16 points on the Tournament Points Board.

Was an enjoyable night of Positional Poker play, solid aggressive moves and some luck too.

Cheers,

BF

G

Guittars

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
excellent stuff. I really enjoyed reading that. congrats on your win.

G

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rarely do one of these read well. Yours did, kudo's!

I felt the excitement!;)

Organize a Home Poker Game