ON THE BUBBLE...4 spots pay:)

blind 1k/2k and holding there

UTG 30K
CO 10K
but 4k
SB 12k
BB (me) 25K

UTG open shoves ALLIN..he does this with one of 3 hands:mad:

folds around to me, and i look down and have AK:)

what is my move? and what does UTG have?

Last edited:
pitter22

pitter22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
need much more information... are the blinds 200/400 or 2000/4000 ? whats this guys history.. throwin hands away or is this his 3rd straight all-in. we cannot simply analyze this with just stack sizes.

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
need much more information... are the blinds 200/400 or 2000/4000 ? whats this guys history.. throwin hands away or is this his 3rd straight all-in. we cannot simply analyze this with just stack sizes.

i put the blinds in, and I KNOW what the guy has, told him..just what is my move:confused:

pitter22

pitter22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know what the guy has ?? anyways... with only 5 people left and 4 spots paying with button only have 4k chips id wait until this guy has to make his move. no need for the two big stacks to collide at this point, even if you think your way ahead...

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know what the guy has ?? anyways... with only 5 people left and 4 spots paying with button only have 4k chips id wait until this guy has to make his move. no need for the two big stacks to collide at this point, even if you think your way ahead...

yep, i know what he has and told him, fellow CCer was there dealing and can back me up..:D

i will wait for some more responses pit, but good thinking there..:cool:

pitter22

pitter22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im just very curious how you know exactly what he has... because if you had a read on him you should mention that in your op because we cant give you a true analysis without knowing what you know about our villain... imo

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'd fold. Especially if 4 spots pay out, and you really want to hit the money. You have a nice stack there. Sure, he probably is bullying, and he probably knows this.. but with someone else having a lot shorter stack than you, I would fold.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are the three hands?

I'm assuming either AA/KK/AK or AA/KK/QQ. It doesn't make a lot of sense to be open shoving those unless he's one of those nits who's massively afraid of being drawn out on, but anywho.

If that's his range, then this is the easiest fold in the world. We're flipping / splitting a third of the time, and crushed the rest. Combine that with the fact that the button has sod-all chips and there's two other players who are short as well, and there's really only one conclusion: we really don't need to take the risk here.

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are the three hands?

I'm assuming either AA/KK/AK or AA/KK/QQ. It doesn't make a lot of sense to be open shoving those unless he's one of those nits who's massively afraid of being drawn out on, but anywho.

If that's his range, then this is the easiest fold in the world. We're flipping / splitting a third of the time, and crushed the rest. Combine that with the fact that the button has sod-all chips and there's two other players who are short as well, and there's really only one conclusion: we really don't need to take the risk here.

nah..his range to push is not those 3 hands oz, more like JJ/1010/99, and thats exactly what he had was JJ, and i told him that, and turned over the AK and folded it.

the table erupted about how i could fold that in that position, and that was horrible, but it really wasnt. even when the dealer ran the flop out and K in it.

then the ss went on a KK/1010/99 card rack run, and i ended up bubbling anyways...:mad:

in hindsight, i make the call, win, and have80% of chips in play and win...:eek:

Organize a Home Poker Game Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands