Little mystery (BB vs Button)

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the flop he had 100% of range. So, he can get any of 2 pairs.

revizor

revizor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You say he hasn't got out of line in a "few" hours of play,,,so i would be inclined to believe this play and fold. :)

It could be a good fold in another same situation. Only not in this particular case. :)

revizor

revizor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the flop he had 100% of range. So, he can get any of 2 pairs.

This is just my opinion, but I think that you are thinking a little tightly. 2 pairs from the flop is just 2% and 6% on the turn. Therefore, let me disagree with you here. Although of course this happens.:)

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it would be really-really dependent on how good that "bb" is.
i some times see this done by weaker players with something like AA or a set (at this boar) were they either do not know what to do with TP or trying to get max value out of "flopedAlmostNuts". the other posibility is is when a badreg trying ti limp 100% of sbVbb and gets lost in ranges postflop. In general if I would think that op is a reg I would call if "weaker" - fold (unleas I know that my op cant ahndle himself to float turn or to bluff the river)

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you're asking yourself the wrong question. WHY DID YOU LIMP THE BUTTON? that is the question you should be asking. now...there are legitimate reasons for doing so....but mostly you should be open raising into most pots. the main reason is to give yourself 2 ways to win (they fold, or you make the best hand). But also when you raise it can start to narrow ranges which gives you more helpful info for postflop play and helps you make decisions as you approach the river.

for instance, had you raised preflop you could begin to rule out hands such as K4 and 34 and 84. since you did not raise ALL of those hands are in there.

so, he can have basically any 2 pair and possibly Kx if he overplays 1 pair type hands.

all these beat you.

you are only beating flush draws basically. not everyone will bluff missed flush draws so I think it's a fold

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mystery

I think he has 98.
Maybe K8 but I think he had a 9 and
he was floating along till the turn, he dismissed a set, 2 pair, and Ks from your range when you checked the turn. Then he hit a second pair on the river and thought he was good even if it hit you too. He had a 8 blocker to a set and any other set you would have bet the turn.

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he has 98.
Maybe K8 but I think he had a 9 and
he was floating along till the turn, he dismissed a set, 2 pair, and Ks from your range when you checked the turn. Then he hit a second pair on the river and thought he was good even if it hit you too. He had a 8 blocker to a set and any other set you would have bet the turn.
This makes the most sense unless he maybe has king/8 was concerned about kicker trouble then made two pair.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is just my opinion, but I think that you are thinking a little tightly. 2 pairs from the flop is just 2% and 6% on the turn. Therefore, let me disagree with you here. Although of course this happens.:)

Absolutely 2% - 6 %. But the remaining 94% will never play such this line XD Dont forget about this.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why did you limp on the button, should you open j9s ip ?

GiGiCat

GiGiCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bb: 23 bb
sb: 52 bb
Hero (BTN): (46 bb)

Preflop: all folds, Hero is (BTN) with J
club.gif
spade.gif
calls bb
SB calls, BB checks

Bank: 3bb
Flop: 9
heart.gif
K
heart.gif
spade.gif
(3 players)
sb checks, bb checks, BTN bets 2.5bb, sb folds, bb calls

Bank: 8bb
Turn: 3
club.gif
(2 players)
bb checks, Hero checks

River: 8
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets 5.5bb, bb rereiz allin

Question! What do you think the big blind could have in that case? And justify your opinion a little. Unfortunately, I can’t give any prize, but perhaps this decision will be beneficial for you in the future! ;)

Pre he had any two cards,

after the flop we can narrow his range down to:

66+, any two hearts, Any Kx, After the River Add Any combo of 9,4,3,8,K not listed on the flop range.

Regards,
GiGiCat:)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mistakes preflop multiply post flop

bb: 23 bb
sb: 52 bb
Hero (BTN): (46 bb)

Preflop: all folds, Hero is (BTN) with J
club.gif
spade.gif
calls bb
SB calls, BB checks

Bank: 3bb
Flop: 9
heart.gif
K
heart.gif
spade.gif
(3 players)
sb checks, bb checks, BTN bets 2.5bb, sb folds, bb calls

Turn: 3
club.gif
(2 players)
bb checks, Hero checks

River: 8
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets 5.5bb, bb rereiz allin

Question! What do you think the big blind could have in that case? And justify your opinion a little. Unfortunately, I can’t give any prize, but perhaps this decision will be beneficial for you in the future! ;)

Thank you for sharing.

Min raising the BTN is a must here. Your opponent has all sets all two pairs all weak kings and bluffs on the river because you showed no strength other than a flop stab at the pot.
As played you should be telling us what the BB had because you checked river.

Playing well is much more useful than guessing ranges.

Hope this helps.

:):)

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What did he actually have?

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Weird line, but it seems pretty strong. Maybe even 44? Maybe 89? Doesn't seem like a bluff, if they were going to bluff you'd expect them to lead river.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
It looks to me that the guy had something for sure.

Now he called preflop and made something on the flop and probably was worried you had a K or flush draw.

After your betting pattern he was sure you are weak and since there was no flush and the river improved his hand he shoved all in.

Thanks