KQ for TP decision; early in $15 STT

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing tight, and villain has been very loose (70/1/1). The rest of the table is a mix of some tight players, but mostly very limpey players similar to villain.

I've recently won a pot in which I limped in the SB with KQ, and lead on a KQx flop. I lead the turn (J), a player raised, and I pushed, winning with 2 pair vs QJ for smaller 2 pair.

Anyways, are we good here or is this an easy fold?

saw flop|saw showdown

Button (t2005)
SB (t1615)
Hero (t3000)
UTG (t1380)
UTG+1 (t1230)
MP1 (t1465)
MP2 (t1415)
CO (t1390)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K♥, Q♦.
UTG calls t30, UTG+1 calls t30, 4 folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t120) 3♠, 9♠, K♣ (4 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t90, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls t90, SB calls t90.

Turn: (t390) 2♦ (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t300, UTG+1 raises to t1110, SB folds, Hero ...

My range for him is literally any king (he was very loose), any 2 pair/set, and maybe a pair + flush draw.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could have K-9 or even A-5 for the straight. Of course he could have Kx and you are way ahead, but is it worth calling that big a bet to find out with only top pair, 2nd kicker. If he's as loose as you say you should be able to felt him later. Leaning towards fold here.

Also, why no raise pre-flop. Being last to act with no raisers in front of you it figures for KQ to be best hand right now or possibley slightly behind A-X with X lower than a 10 or so. I'm sure you had good reasons, but I thin if I have a loose player that likes to see a lot of cheap pots if I have a good hand and decide to play I want him to pay more to see that flop.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you that we most probably have the best hand PF here, snake, but we're OOP against 2 very loose calling stations with a pretty marginal holding in KQ. I don't think a raise is bad, but I prefer seeing a cheap flop.

tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know, with 1800 (if my math was correct) in the pot and only 810 to call I think I call him. I hate playing with someone that is ultra-aggressive (careless). Your range has to include crap hands too. Obviously we can take away the premium hands unless he has slow played them before.

I think your probably ahead and even if you lose this hand it will not be crippling.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you that we most probably have the best hand PF here, snake, but we're OOP against 2 very loose calling stations with a pretty marginal holding in KQ. I don't think a raise is bad, but I prefer seeing a cheap flop.

I figured this was about 50/50, just wanted to get your thoughts.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I figured this was about 50/50, just wanted to get your thoughts.

Ya, I think it kind of depends on your style. I personally am trying to advertise that super-tight TAG style at this point, and don't really want to show them that I'll be betting and raising a lot after doubling up. Call me weak-tight if ya like :p I won't argue.

I don't know, with 1800 (if my math was correct) in the pot and only 810 to call I think I call him. I hate playing with someone that is ultra-aggressive (careless). Your range has to include crap hands too. Obviously we can take away the premium hands unless he has slow played them before.

I think your probably ahead and even if you lose this hand it will not be crippling.

That's where our thought process should be bringing us I think; what happens when we win or lose?

Well we're getting ~2.2:1, and this is my guestimated range:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 51.616% 49.12% 02.50% 2507 127.50 { KhQd }
Hand 1: 48.384% 45.89% 02.50% 2342 127.50 { KK, 99, 33-22, AKs, K2s+, 92s, 32s, AKo, K2o+, 92o, 32o }

Yippee...a coinflip :(

Worth the gamble?

By calling, we add another 1400 chips to our stack, bringing us to 4400. By folding, we leave ourselves with 2580...

tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I make this call. We have decided that we are ahead, albeit barely. If we take this down we will be stacked almost 3:1 on most of the table, and if we lose we are still one of the chip leaders.

I am making the assumption that this is a single table SNG, which, I believe you mostly play.

FYI: I probably play this the same way SNG or Cash.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call andpray he doesn't have two pair. I'm wondering why you didn't raise preflop with K, Q. You're in position and K, Q is not a bad hand to raise with. K, 2 is a possiblity. He could have limped in with anything.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry I took so long to post results...
I'm wondering why you didn't raise preflop with K, Q. You're in position and K, Q is not a bad hand to raise with. K, 2 is a possiblity. He could have limped in with anything.

As I said before, Tim, I'll be OOP against pretty much random hands, and I really don't want that in the early stages here. I don't want to raise PF, then give up after a failed c-bet or whatever. I want to give the image of someone who's bets are not to be toyed with.

I don't think there's anything wrong with raising, but playing the style/strategy I do, I rarely if ever raise here.

Anyways, as for the results, I call after much debating with myself, and he shows K7. I go on to win a very easy SnG with my huge chip lead.