KK me UTG+2 Vs big stack!

billionarioo

billionarioo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Ontem fiquei muito furioso com uma bad Beat num tournament Knouckot of 4.40 dollars.
We remained 120 pessoas of 2600. He was na posição 60 e pouco. Fiz um raise of 2,5 blinds e or big stack that was or big blind ten call.
No Flop saw 66T. Fiz uma C-bet of 1/3 do pote.
Ele ten call. No turn fiz outra C-bet de 30% do pote, ele ten call. No river ele beta 15 K that was 50% do pote. Então eu pago... não tinha A no bordo. então ele mostra uma sequência de 2 até 6. Ele was dando call na hope of um 5 pra complete in Sequência/street. Pagou by drill...
Should I have a dado um raise pré Flop more aggressive??
onde eu errei?

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
Translation:
Yesterday I got really mad about a bad beat in a Knouckot of 4.40 dollars tournament.
We remained 120 people out of 2600. He was in position 60 and little. I made a raise of 2.5 blinds and the big stack that was or big blind ten called.
On the flop saw 66T. I made a C-bet of 1/3 of the pot.
He has a call. On the turn I made another C-bet for 30% of the pot, he called. On the river he bet 15K which was 50% of the pot. So I called... there was no A on the board. then he shows a straight from 2 to 6. He was calling in hopes of a 5 to complete in straight/street. Paid by drill...
Should I have given a more aggressive pre-flop raise??
where did i go wrong?

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So no stack sizes given but I will assume we and villain are both at least somewhat deep meaning >50BBs. That could/would change the hand if I knew otherwise. Pre flop given that I think stack sizes are both deep then is perfectly fine.

Flop: on a T66 board you dont mention whether it is a rainbow board or two to a flush. That changes things since it changes the amount of value targets that we have on the flop. So if it was rainbow then I think 1/3rd is just fine unless you know villain calls a lot of c bets then you can make it bigger. If the board had two to a flush then I would bet a little larger since more will call now and there is more value opportunity. Plus we need slightly more protection for the hand too so if it was 2 to flush then I like 40-45% of pot sizing much more.

Turn: You dont mention what the turn card is and just like the flop, this matters, potentially a lot. There is a big difference here whether the turn was a 2 that made the board rainbow or was a 5 that was a third flush card. If its a 2 I still like betting more than 30% since villain already called flop so they have a little something and we can extract more. If the turn was a 5 then it comes down was it flush or not. Ifs its non 3 to a flush then I like 50% or slightly more on turn since again villain called flop and has a little something and now board is wetter so more hands are likelier to call. If the assumed 5 turn brings 3 to a flush then we still bet here but now is where I like more of a 35-40% bet sizing since we have to be somewhat aware of slowplayed made flushes against us. So to sum it up, this turn card makes a rather large difference imo of the sizing that should be used.

River: Dont know again what the card was as I would at least think about it more if the board was 66T54 vs 66T23 and only 45 got there vs the straight draws being open ended. I dont think I would fold unless I really knew villain didnt do anything unless they had a made hand so I think its a call either way but the board would dictate how confident I would be about and as mentioned before, would dictate my sizings I used to get to the river.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As 300hpgod stated it is hard to give good advice when so much data is missing- so lets just focus on the river decision-

The V leads half pot- How often are they bluffing? How often are they betting a worse hand for value- How often is this bet a 6x hand or better?
That is your study point here-

Why would they not have bluffed turn? Why not rep the 6? Why wait till river to bluff?

Why would the V think you would fold?
What hands are they bluffing to get you to fold better?
Would they turn a Tx hand into a bluff?
You did not fold KK so this sizing does not target your value range for folds- So would they bluff a missed draw to get you to fold A high but not pairs?
Are they skilled enough to balance like that on river?
Or would most V bet larger with their bluffs?

Why would they think you would check back worse than a Tx hand but still call a 50% pot bet?
Was the river card so connected to the board that it made it a great bluff spot- was it a 4 card to a straight spot?

:unsure::geek: