K9o in sunday storm

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guys I need your opinion about the following move in sunday storm.

I was in sunday storm, blinds 300/600.

I had K9o in BB and with around 14BB and the SB has around 17 BB. The SB has pretty good stats 20/18 with the total aggression factor around 2.

Everybody folded, SB made a small raise and I went all in.

You thinks it's a correct move?????

He snap called and had KJo.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No. He had KJ !!! He has you dominated which means he is a big favourite. (like around 73% vs. 27%)

If you had said you were sooooted. Still 'No' but then at least you'd have just over 30% at least but you're still gonna lose like over 2/3 of the time (why would you want to lose that often?).

It's much better to wait til' you have the other guy dominated instead of vice-versa.

T

Tgen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
20/18 seems pretty loose for a full ring game , i think he is stealing wide therefore your resteal doesnt seem too bad.

4soul

4soul

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The push is good....but most of the time i really fold in same situations....untill i have 10bb i don't make this kind of moves....i fold a lot. teoretically, was a good agreesion there to move allin.

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I was thinking that the shove was good because I think I had to play aggressive to reach the final table on this kind of tournament.
Although I was reading an article with one sunday storm winner and he said that we was playing tight aggressive all the tournament and until the final table he was staying always on 10-12BB.

I really think that he was lucky.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guys I need your opinion about the following move in sunday storm.

I was in sunday storm, blinds 300/600.

I had K9o in BB and with around 14BB and the SB has around 17 BB. The SB has pretty good stats 20/18 with the total aggression factor around 2.

Everybody folded, SB made a small raise and I went all in.

You thinks it's a correct move?????

He snap called and had KJo.

It's hard to tell, cos I cant see his steal statistics.

But I think shoving isnt a bad move with 14BB...

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should really be checking his RFI numbers from the SB and FT3b in this spot too. In general though this hand is a great candidate for a re-steal.

X

xxMorpheusxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A really good reg told me one time that he jams ATC against any min raise BvB when his stack is 20bb or less. Said you print money lol.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good move on my part.

Its the battle of the blinds and most likely he is stealing wide.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. He had KJ !!! He has you dominated which means he is a big favourite. (like around 73% vs. 27%)

If you had said you were sooooted. Still 'No' but then at least you'd have just over 30% at least but you're still gonna lose like over 2/3 of the time (why would you want to lose that often?).

It's much better to wait til' you have the other guy dominated instead of vice-versa.

hahaha :)

In reality, yes this is a great shove. even the times that he calls you you'll usually have 40%. combine that with the fold equity and it's fine.

F

floppymcflopperson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gotta take that spot. Just unlucky he had kj.

luizmarinho

luizmarinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont know why, even everyone saying shove with around 10 bb is the correct move, I prefer wait for my AJ+ even if I got to go with 4 bb, why am I wrong ? :confused:

P

PBG789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This is a ridiculous results oriented post. How could hero possibly know he was dominated???? It looks like what it is - a steal attempt from the SB. Shoving with ATC is probably the right play here as villain will be folding most of the time. Despite the post it is very unlikely you will win a big tournament if you are sitting with 10-12BB all the way.