K/9 sooted on button

jayneseo

jayneseo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No real life example to show but I've had this happen a few times and was wondering how other people would play it. Say an average table in middle of a SnG with a tight table image.

K/9 suited on the button everyone folds to you.

I've tried raising (3x bb) with it only to get reraised all in so I had to fold and then tried limping with it only to get raised. Any thoughts? :confused:

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
welp

No real life example to show but I've had this happen a few times and was wondering how other people would play it. Say an average table in middle of a SnG with a tight table image.

K/9 suited on the button everyone folds to you.

I've tried raising (3x bb) with it only to get reraised all in so I had to fold and then tried limping with it only to get raised. Any thoughts? :confused:

are there antes kicked in yet, if you dont have antes there is no reason to start stealing from the button and people know that which is why you are getting played back at. I there are antes then I raise 3x every single time with K9 suited, it is a favorable over the blinds. If they are going to re-raise you then let them have it, eventually they are going to do that when you are actually raising the blinds with a big hand and you will bust them.

picking up a big hand on the button is like the most profitable situation besides the blinds because it will look like a button steal almost all the time.

I would NEVER limp the button if its folded to me, you will have no clue if the flop hit the guy, like if it comes out 9 high and you get re-raised what do you do?!?!?!
I raise on button with K9 the same I would with AA.

Last edited:
jayneseo

jayneseo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The SnGs I play usually don't get to antes before they are over. But I'm thinking of 100/200 blinds which is enough to steal in a 9 person SnG.

So if you don't raise to steal he blinds would you just flat call with this or let it go?

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The SnGs I play usually don't get to antes before they are over. But I'm thinking of 100/200 blinds which is enough to steal in a 9 person SnG.

So if you don't raise to steal he blinds would you just flat call with this or let it go?

If they are like turbo's what are the starting stacks? If the 2 people in the blinds were both big stacks then yes I might fold this and give up position. If they are small stacks then I would raise and call their all in if I feel Im given the right price.

I still would stay aggressive and raise position unless they are giant stacks, you need a big hand to push over the top, I still cant believe they would push all in though just because they think you are stealing.

jayneseo

jayneseo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your input. :)

Its 1500 starting chips.

I guess maybe a better question is what is the worst hand you would raise with in this position either to steal the blinds or to illicit a call.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a lot of this depends on stack sizes (crucial), tournament position (i.e. how many people left, blinds:stacks ratio etc), and (less importantly) any reads on the blinds.

jayneseo

jayneseo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok 5 people left

3 scenarios
A: You're shortstacked, SB is average BB is chip leader.
B: You're in 3rd, SB is 2nd, BB is 4th. Not a big difference in stack sizes
C: You're huge chip leader, SB is 4th, BB is 5th

Really I just want to know what it would take for you to raise, to fold, and to call the reraise all in?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a lot of this depends on stack sizes (crucial), tournament position (i.e. how many people left, blinds:stacks ratio etc), and (less importantly) any reads on the blinds.

Ok 5 people left

3 scenarios

Really I just want to know what it would take for you to raise, to fold, and to call the reraise all in?

We really need specific stack sizes; shortstacked can mean 10BBs or 2BBs. Do you have a specific hand that you can post?

In general, though, K9s is enough for me to push at this level if I'm sitting on less than 10BBs. That is unless the BB is a big stack, a really small stack or a particularly loose player.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok 5 people left

3 scenarios

any amount you put in here is most likely going to commit you to pot so go ahead and push in.

standard position raise of 3x is ok as long as you have enough Big Blinds that you will still be safe if you have to fold to push.

easy position raise you are in good position, I would call either all in if it didnt represent a large amount of my stack.

like chuck said exact stack sizes are really needed but I will give general. In red