Chips
Blinds are 50/100
Me - 1st to act - 5.5k in chips
Finally catch a monster (AA)
Raise 600
P1 (ing) calls with (AQ off) and 3-4k in chips
P2 (stud) pushes all in with (KK) and about 1900 chips
P3 (Goms) calls with (A 10 off) and about 5.2k in chips
I Reraise studs all-in amount (about 1300)
ing calls (puts them all-in)
Goms calls

Flop comes 3d 10c 4c
with my remaining 2k or so i push all in
Goms thinks for a second, then calls

(see pic)

Nothing could have been more frustrating. Even if stud caught his set, i still would have made out pretty well. but to split it with 2 other people who i had so dominated.....

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LizRox19

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
oops sorry, pic was working earlier, turn was a 2 and flop was a 5.... giving everyone with an ace the straight

C

coljung

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pic not working.

would like to see how it ended.

thanks

B

broncos53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oops sorry, pic was working earlier, turn was a 2 and flop was a 5.... giving everyone with an ace the straight
Oh ok i was looking for high striaight sorry didn;t get it at first!

L

LizRox19

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AAgetssplit.jpg

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hooray for hand analysis thread being a bad beat story.

L

LizRox19

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry i didnt know this was the wrong place for this.

in that case... do you agree with the call? a10 off is a marginal hand at best. under normal betting circumstances, top pair top kicker might have been a very nice hand. but with a large raise followed by an all in, then another large reraise followed by yet another all in... all PREFLOP, i wouldnt think it was a very good hand. then again, i guess when you make that kind of call preflop with a marginal hand, that flop certainly seems like your "best case scenario" except for the possible flush draw.

hows that for hand analysis?

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hooray for hand analysis thread being a bad beat story.

and not even a real bad beat story... he split the pot and won chips! when this is me, a K or T hits on the river

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry i didnt know this was the wrong place for this.

in that case... do you agree with the call? a10 off is a marginal hand at best. under normal betting circumstances, top pair top kicker might have been a very nice hand. but with a large raise followed by an all in, then another large reraise followed by yet another all in... all PREFLOP, i wouldnt think it was a very good hand. then again, i guess when you make that kind of call preflop with a marginal hand, that flop certainly seems like your "best case scenario" except for the possible flush draw.

hows that for hand analysis?

Yeah, garbage play by ATo. You didn't specify the stakes of this tournament, but I would imagine you can expect this type of play from $25 on down to $1. +cEV long term though, so you will be gaining a ton of chips off that hand most of the time.

To help you out though, next time, if you want hand analysis, click on the hand analysis (tournament or cash game - depending), and post the HH up to the part where you ask yourself what to do next. Generally, HA threads should not include the results, so you would say something like: "What do I do after villain's turn bet of t750 into this pot?" and listen for some replies and eventually post the results.

Hope that helps.