Jacks against 4-bet shove?

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the only thing I would consiced is how he payed 20-30 last hands. JJ are still a mid pair, and that means that that are tricky to play.
If op plays alot suied connectors 23s-K9s, weak A, shoving in him might be good, if as you said he is plaing solid and you put him on the range of AQo+ the best you can hope for is coin flip. But of you heave seen him playing 22-TT like this - call =)

J

jjpregler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, let's reconstruct the hand. UTG opens for I'm guessing 3BBs. Then 3 callers. So about 14.5BBs in the pot and you have 29BBs. So you raise to 10.5 BBs out of a 29 BB stack. UTG shoves. You now have to call 18.5 BBs to win 48.5BBs. Therefore you only need about 28% equity to call.

He never ever ever has AK? What about JJ? JJ has about 37% equity against JJ+ and AK. You shouldn't fold JJ for that little once you 3 bet 1/3 of your stack here.

D

demacedo6

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knowing that the villain is tight and open raise from UTG, I prefer just call preflop in the villain's raise. As played I call for the reasons jjpregler said.

Skatoosh

Skatoosh

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But, I'd rather take a shot at stardom, than sit back and blind out.

I love this response, however I think you did the right thing. JJ is a brutal hand. You feel committed to it even though it's abused you so many times. That's the feeling I get anyways. I almost always want to see a flop with JJ.

If the guy was playing tight. Then raised UTG, then snapped all-in, best believe he had a monster.

Mrmercurial1

Mrmercurial1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good fold

in this position i think that he had something like AK, AQ , AA, KK. It would have been a tough call, coin flip, but ,the goal is first to get in the money and after that to loosen up a bit .

So from my point of view, good fold .