I tried something new... read

D

deton8whore

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
full tilt poker Game #7241170206: $1 + $0.25 Sit & Go (55054949), Table 1 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:23:28 ET - 2008/07/16
Seat 1: deton8whore (1,500)
Seat 2: moneytech (1,500)
Seat 3: cowboyjudoka (1,500)
Seat 4: Dirac_FT (1,500)
Seat 5: rowdycougar (1,500)
Seat 6: cokmyassoff (1,500)
Seat 7: pelibreeder (1,500)
Seat 8: ArtofBridget (1,500)
Seat 9: JLawRRTX (1,500)
deton8whore posts the small blind of 15
moneytech posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #9
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to deton8whore [Js Ks]
cowboyjudoka has 15 seconds left to act
cowboyjudoka folds
moneytech is feeling happy
Dirac_FT folds
moneytech is feeling angry
rowdycougar raises to 60
moneytech is feeling confused
cokmyassoff calls 60
pelibreeder calls 60
ArtofBridget folds
JLawRRTX calls 60
deton8whore calls 45
moneytech calls 30
*** FLOP *** [9s Td 6s]
moneytech is feeling confused
deton8whore checks
moneytech checks
rowdycougar bets 360
moneytech is feeling normal
cokmyassoff folds
pelibreeder folds
JLawRRTX folds
deton8whore calls 360
moneytech folds
*** TURN *** [9s Td 6s] [9d]
deton8whore checks
rowdycougar checks
*** RIVER *** [9s Td 6s 9d] [4h]
deton8whore bets 1,080, and is all in
rowdycougar folds
Uncalled bet of 1,080 returned to deton8whore
deton8whore mucks
deton8whore wins the pot (1,080)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1,080 | Rake 0
Board: [9s Td 6s 9d 4h]
Seat 1: deton8whore (small blind) collected (1,080), mucked
Seat 2: moneytech (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 3: cowboyjudoka didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: Dirac_FT didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: rowdycougar folded on the River
Seat 6: cokmyassoff folded on the Flop
Seat 7: pelibreeder folded on the Flop
Seat 8: ArtofBridget didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: JLawRRTX (button) folded on the Flop

My first bluff

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
disclaimer; drunk post:

villain is going to look you up with most one pair (two pair, w/e) hands here because all the draws have missed. With your draw: overcards, flush draw, gutshot, just check-raise all in on the flop. I basically do that like every time.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
god, I get sick everytime I see the FTP rake on the $1 SNGs.

Move up to the $2 SNGs; same level of competition, same rake, higher payouts. Less ding to your ROI.

V

viking999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was an all-in really necessary? I don't usually interpret the bigger bet as meaning a stronger hand. If you want to bluff, you can probably save a couple chips behind, because this is really a TOTAL bluff. I think most of the value in betting the river is to get ace high or an underpair to fold, which doesn't require a big bet.

I don't like making any total bluffs (except maybe some flop continuation bets) in these tournaments. I don't think the players are tight enough to make it worthwhile. They stack off with a weak top pair or a strong middle pair so often.

K

keymax

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Was an all-in really necessary? I don't usually interpret the bigger bet as meaning a stronger hand. If you want to bluff, you can probably save a couple chips behind, because this is really a TOTAL bluff.

I agree. There's no need for the all-in and doing it on a 4 river is actually saying more about what you do have (or don't have) then scaring your opponent.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once you go all in there is no turning back. I think of all the times I went all in to have a caller have some weak hand but hit two pair and won. Like the others said. Save some chips in case there is a caller or two. Especially at these low levels where there almost always is.

H

harriskem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't push the 4 river there. What does that tell your oppenent you have? He probably thinks that the 4 couldn't have possibly helped you there

H

harriskem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't get into a habit of bluffing that big. You will get caught more than you win.

52poutanes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what you need to remeber is that you are playing a $1 sitngo....YOU HAVE NO FOLD equity LOL.....when you play your draw hard so early in a sitngo you dont know anything about your opponents, so how do you know if they are folding? at the end of the day you are looking to take that pot down without getting called so early in a sitngo.

Tomthebomb

Tomthebomb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey deton, I played with you at a table the other night. You played well, but I don't remember the tourney. (Probability101 @ FT)(Variances of SolidSnake101 a lot of other sites)

I like this move, though risking chips betting with nothing is not smart. It does give you credibility for the (Check, Check, All-in (Slowplay)) If you're noticing the player you are playing is betting weak/hard with weak pairs, but folding to larger re raises, make sure to make a note and challenge the strength of his hand in an opportunity where you have a million outs to win. Not with none! I would never make too large of a bet, but more so of a large re raise. Large bets are always overplayed, I always found your respected more for legitimate raises. If you play tight, you can occasionally pull off a small bluff with no resistance.

Last edited:
Emryldnyght

Emryldnyght

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know...

I like a good bluff too, but I only bluff when I have at least something fall back on. If not, I know there is always someone else that will call - and I hate to lose it all on a hand I knew was bad. I know it works for some, but I'm gutless (and I think even online, that people can see my uncertainty). Am I being paranoid? :eek:

mersocal

mersocal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think you can expect great quality play on a $1 sng......but I prefer to have some hand to fall back on if I try to bluff to that extent