I think I played AA the worse i ever had in all my years

E

EnSabahNur

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Hi so I'm playing on gg these days and was in a $8.80 superstack turbo tournament and got dealt AA utg+3 at blinds 600/1200 and I was playing a 13,829 chip stack, utg called the blind and then two players after folded to me and I also just call with AA, just a round before I had doubled up with A9 going all in preflop and this time I switched it up, tried to play it tricky, giving the next 4 players the thought that I am so short if presented with an opportunity to limp in and play for cheap I'm going to do it because I am desperate to make something happen with anything and they raise it for me because if I had a strong hand pre flop I'd be going all in, also even with a short stack here I kind of thought that if I go all in I'm not going to be called and should try to trap with aces, well every other player Folds to the big blind who checks and were 3 players to a flop of 7d2h4c, the big blind and utg both check to me and I check it back and the reason I did that is because I'm so short that if they had any pair hands they'd go all in with it so they must just have a low or high card and I got to induce them to bluff plus not a wet board so I check it back and the turn Is the 6h for 7d2h4c6h, and once again the bb and utg checked to me, the board is getting more choppy now and I should have Made my all in move here but again I was compelled to check it because they probably aren't even on a draw If they aren't gonna put on pressure to a 10bb stack, so I check it back hoping them bluff the river which is the 8c for 7d2h4c6h8c, the bb checks and utg someone finally bets 1,200 into 5,500 pot, now the only Straight I noticed that hit was the 45678 and I figured that if utg really had a 5 for the straight he'd bet at least Half pot so I went all in with my AA cuz he might have had just one pair, like A8 suited would make sense here, he called and showed 9s10s for the straight I didn't see, when I seen him show 910 I thought I had won but then connected It with the board, I know I slow played my AA to death but did I do anything logical in this hand that you can think of, it's just one hand and a eight buck tournament so im going to survive and hey if I go all in preflop he probably still calls me and gets there on the river because I'm only 10bb deep and he called my all in pre with Q3c just a few hands ago to double me up, he had 68,000 so calling 13,000 with connectors like 910suited heads up that if he lost would only down him to 55,000 he probably makes that call, but on the other side as well at least I would have just gotten really Damn unlucky then slow playing it to death, please talk, thanks yall

E

EnSabahNur

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Heres the **** up

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221026-235636_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221026-235636_Samsung Internet.jpg
    808.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20221026-235644_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221026-235644_Samsung Internet.jpg
    616.6 KB · Views: 24
exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Hi so I'm playing on gg these days and was in a $8.80 superstack turbo tournament and got dealt AA utg+3 at blinds 600/1200 and I was playing a 13,829 chip stack, utg called the blind and then two players after folded to me and I also just call with AA, just a round before I had doubled up with A9 going all in preflop and this time I switched it up, tried to play it tricky, giving the next 4 players the thought that I am so short if presented with an opportunity to limp in and play for cheap I'm going to do it because I am desperate to make something happen with anything and they raise it for me because if I had a strong hand pre flop I'd be going all in, also even with a short stack here I kind of thought that if I go all in I'm not going to be called and should try to trap with aces, well every other player Folds to the big blind who checks and were 3 players to a flop of 7d2h4c, the big blind and utg both check to me and I check it back and the reason I did that is because I'm so short that if they had any pair hands they'd go all in with it so they must just have a low or high card and I got to induce them to bluff plus not a wet board so I check it back and the turn Is the 6h for 7d2h4c6h, and once again the bb and utg checked to me, the board is getting more choppy now and I should have Made my all in move here but again I was compelled to check it because they probably aren't even on a draw If they aren't gonna put on pressure to a 10bb stack, so I check it back hoping them bluff the river which is the 8c for 7d2h4c6h8c, the bb checks and utg someone finally bets 1,200 into 5,500 pot, now the only Straight I noticed that hit was the 45678 and I figured that if utg really had a 5 for the straight he'd bet at least Half pot so I went all in with my AA cuz he might have had just one pair, like A8 suited would make sense here, he called and showed 9s10s for the straight I didn't see, when I seen him show 910 I thought I had won but then connected It with the board, I know I slow played my AA to death but did I do anything logical in this hand that you can think of, it's just one hand and a eight buck tournament so im going to survive and hey if I go all in preflop he probably still calls me and gets there on the river because I'm only 10bb deep and he called my all in pre with Q3c just a few hands ago to double me up, he had 68,000 so calling 13,000 with connectors like 910suited heads up that if he lost would only down him to 55,000 he probably makes that call, but on the other side as well at least I would have just gotten really Damn unlucky then slow playing it to death, please talk, thanks yall
Sometimes you decide to slowplay, and its fine play, but you saw the cost of that play. You got unlucky a bit , but its a part of the game, its all about decision. Keep it up to improve your game. GLGL

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me I think it just goes in pre flop Imo it sets alarm bells off if someone raising or limping off a short stack. You want to get hands through like K9 when you shove them so I don't mind not getting action with your aces.

E

EnSabahNur

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Keep it going guys keep it going guys

E

EnSabahNur

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
And hey this is such not a big deal right guys because I had a pretty small stack so can't say I'd make the final table with it there so oh well I will have another chance

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Yeah I really don't think I want to be in a 4 way pot with AA, better luck next time!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
You have more chances to win in a multiway pot than any of the opponents, and you will often find yourself in difficult situations. It increases the likelihood that someone will get a set or two pair, and if one of the opponents decides to play his draw aggressively, it will be difficult for you to determine whether it is really a draw or if he has a hand that beats you. Everyone loves to be dealt aces. This hand is the easiest to win. But Rockets are not invincible, they lose to random hands every fifth hand. Therefore, you need to learn how to fold them when you understand that you are beaten.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Trying to entice more players in a hand where you hold poc A's & are short stacked I mean hell sometimes most anything works. Just shove & hope you get a caller. Multi callers getting in cheap just diminishes the value of your hand.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you have AA there are 2 ways to play in my opinion either all in or with a strong raise.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for sharing the hand- There are times that we can get tricky and times we do not need to- this is one of those times not to- we have a tighter UTG limp range already in the pot we have 11bb and we have just won a pot with A9off there is no reason not to raise or go all-in-preflop--- while we know what we have they do not so playing AA like that is tricky to them-
As to others raising you preflop- remember UTG limped not just you that makes it harder for anyone to steal- If it was CO -u BTN then yes maybe the SB tries to steal
River bye bye aces- next hand
The river is a very good study point for you you missed the fact that all the nut straights and second nut straights are live because no bets have gone into this pot-

flop- ok you trapped pre it did not work--- but you have one pair not a set not a pair plus draw bet the flop 100% of the time-If the BB has 23 they would never lead if they have 43 why lead Q4 etc etc etc the check lets your Villains bink an ugly win just like this one.

When we have big hands we want to get value from them when we have the greatest equity edge for you that was preflop and flop.

Turn- as played great check-there are straights and draws and two pair hands on the board now- we missed our best spots to bet just check and showdown-

E

EnSabahNur

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Okay it didn't go well but I made the all in on the river because the guy didn't even bet 1/4 pot so I thought he didn't have it, if he did he should be betting more

E

EnSabahNur

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Who cares it's a new day and I probably wouldn't have made the final table with 10BBs anyway

E

EnSabahNur

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Thanks for sharing the hand- There are times that we can get tricky and times we do not need to- this is one of those times not to- we have a tighter UTG limp range already in the pot we have 11bb and we have just won a pot with A9off there is no reason not to raise or go all-in-preflop--- while we know what we have they do not so playing AA like that is tricky to them-
As to others raising you preflop- remember UTG limped not just you that makes it harder for anyone to steal- If it was CO -u BTN then yes maybe the SB tries to steal
River bye bye aces- next hand
The river is a very good study point for you you missed the fact that all the nut straights and second nut straights are live because no bets have gone into this pot-

flop- ok you trapped pre it did not work--- but you have one pair not a set not a pair plus draw bet the flop 100% of the time-If the BB has 23 they would never lead if they have 43 why lead Q4 etc etc etc the check lets your Villains bink an ugly win just like this one.

When we have big hands we want to get value from them when we have the greatest equity edge for you that was preflop and flop.

Turn- as played great check-there are straights and draws and two pair hands on the board now- we missed our best spots to bet just check and showdown-
I didn't think he'd call me again because he was already loose with the A9 double up calling me with Q3, I mean the guy should be learn

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When multible players are allowed to see all 5 cards and realise all their equity, AA will be cracked more than half the time. So as I think, you already realised, this was not a great play by you. In fact with just around 12BB and someone having already limped, there is no compelling reason to do anything fancy at all. Just shove preflop and be happy with the outcome, whatever it is. You will get action a decent amount of the time, and even when everybody folds, thats fine as well, because you increase your stack with 1/3 without risk.

E

EnSabahNur

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
When multible players are allowed to see all 5 cards and realise all their equity, AA will be cracked more than half the time. So as I think, you already realised, this was not a great play by you. In fact with just around 12BB and someone having already limped, there is no compelling reason to do anything fancy at all. Just shove preflop and be happy with the outcome, whatever it is. You will get action a decent amount of the time, and even when everybody folds, thats fine as well, because you increase your stack with 1/3 without risk.
Thank you for sharing, I'm a fancy boy

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
for me the worst hand for slowplay: AA:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't think he'd call me again because he was already loose with the A9 double up calling me with Q3, I mean the guy should be learn
Why would we think he would learn after one hand? He more likely would think the opposite-this time I will get you---

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay it didn't go well but I made the all in on the river because the guy didn't even bet 1/4 pot so I thought he didn't have it, if he did he should be betting more
Your study point is the river- If you did a poll here on cardschat of all the members and asked with this action up to the river -what sizing would they choose on this board with the nuts the vast majority of players would say small sizing to get calls by 2 pair and raises from worse straights-

Most would not even think one pair would call-

If you thought the Villain was trying to steal the pot why then would they call your shove? If only better calls then why shove?
If you decided to turn AA into a bluff why not bet turn? Why wait till river?

It is ok to trap -at the right times- it is ok to bluff-- at the right times- it is ok to put max pressure on a player-at the right times
Was this the right time? Most of us would say no because of our experience -sharing that experience with you is only for the purpose of growth for your game.

Your ROI will improve greatly if you really take the time to dive deep in this spot-Your river play in this spot is a leak-we need to work hard on fixing our leaks-

Thank you for posting it takes courage to be vulnerable in front of others--It is ok to make mistakes-we only grow when we face our mistakes and learn from them

E

EnSabahNur

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Thank you for sharing, I'm a

E

EnSabahNur

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Yeah I haven't read it all yet but my life sucks and I pretty much wasted another ten bucks, not like I could really ****ing do anything with it anyway, everybody with there ****ing money, pretty much starve to death if you don't have any

E

EnSabahNur

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
He can bet half pot and still get calls and raises and if I just calls gets more then less then a ****ing 1/4, it irritates me when players make small ****ing bets with strong hands, like oh yeah you sneaky little shit

E

EnSabahNur

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Your study point is the river- If you did a poll here on cardschat of all the members and asked with this action up to the river -what sizing would they choose on this board with the nuts the vast majority of players would say small sizing to get calls by 2 pair and raises from worse straights-

Most would not even think one pair would call-

If you thought the Villain was trying to steal the pot why then would they call your shove? If only better calls then why shove?
If you decided to turn AA into a bluff why not bet turn? Why wait till river?

It is ok to trap -at the right times- it is ok to bluff-- at the right times- it is ok to put max pressure on a player-at the right times
Was this the right time? Most of us would say no because of our experience -sharing that experience with you is only for the purpose of growth for your game.

Your ROI will improve greatly if you really take the time to dive deep in this spot-Your river play in this spot is a leak-we need to work hard on fixing our leaks-

Thank you for posting it takes courage to be vulnerable in front of others--It is ok to make mistakes-we only grow when we face our mistakes and learn from them
I didn't think they had anything because they weren't betting, they could have had the ****ing ten Jack and then I'd have to get them to bluff to make anything, on the river the bet just looked weak like he made a pair of eights on the river so I went all in type of shit, click

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
with aces, you just have to go to the bank, there's no other option because you'll lose